Hope C2 No11 and No8 Calipers

Re:

That’s a good idea. And you can’t tell if it’s open or closed through the blades though either.

stevet1":ue59fnj6 said:
There’s no lever on your clock, so it’s the caliper that counts.
Surely the levers will be the hands on the clock? Could have a Sport lever as the long hand and a pro lever as the short hand...
Great project.

Unfortunately the levers would be too heavy, as the mechanism is likely to be quartz and i dont think that robust as all the larger hands available for it as thin and lightweight.

I suppose I should thank Coreygun for this prod or it might have stalled at the missing caliper issue :oops:
But I've taken the advice on board and so managed to get a No8 Mini M4 and as there's a couple of the calipers arent in the best of condition with now using the m4 calipers meant ive also replaced a grubby one(C2 No6) with an m4 No6, which I think improves it no end.

Just really the No12, which I think is a mini, so I'll be on the lookout for that while researching which is the best quartz mechanism to support the largest hands, and theres bound to be a quality scale :?

Size increased somewhat :oops: I'm now using a wheel so its a bloody huge clock including the tyre.

Pic. Again ta for the prod :cool:

Attachments

• DSCF2812 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF2812 (Custom).JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 444
Cool. Perhaps you could use a beaded and a non braided hose cut to the right lengths for the hands. Bit of wire inside to keep the shape maybe? Nice banjo bolt to attach to the mechanism.

Re:

Looking good Andy and I like coryguns suggestions using braided and unbraided hose for the hands I think banjos on both ends would look good.

Bumping this thread as I've just bought a set of mini mono's and the ultra elusive No12 caliper is on them.

:D :D :D Rather chuffed about it.

So thats the final piece. Had to buy the entire system, but hey such is and ive waited absolute ages for this.

I was beginning to think this No12 was on paper only and that it didnt exist in the real world as ive not ever seen one here, ebay or anywhere else.
A pic for those who also havent seen one

Attachments

• Hope Mini No12 Caliper (Custom).jpg
    Hope Mini No12 Caliper (Custom).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 219
Back