Hope headset bearings?

FluffyChicken":2b1qpl95 said:
HS103 given above

Unfortunately, that's just a Hope part number and means nothing to a bearing supplier.

I'll give Hope a ring on Monday and se if they can give me a manufacturer's part number for the bearings they used. They don't seem to be listing them as a spare on their website.

cherrybomb":3965ppv9 said:
FluffyChicken":3965ppv9 said:
HS103 given above

Unfortunately, that's just a Hope part number and means nothing to a bearing supplier.

I'll give Hope a ring on Monday and se if they can give me a manufacturer's part number for the bearings they used. They don't seem to be listing them as a spare on their website.
I know but hope iirc had them custom made and are a none standard dimension. (possibly the small chamfer they used ? Can't remember but had trouble finding anything, but this was 8/9 years back
But if you have another headset there, just measure it.
There was certainly no normal code on the bearings I replaced and took out.
In fact you have the OD and ID from the parts.
Just the width.
and that little plastic thing spacer I found was actually needed

If you get anywhere, do tell:)

Attachments

• Headset.jpg
    Headset.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,211
Re:

I've got a pair of those hope headset cups & bearings you can have if you pm me your address, bearings are okay but cups are not much cop.

Re:

Hi, I've a spare cup (lower I think). If there is a spare upper cup going, I'd be interested.

Re:

Ishaw - you are welcome to them both if the OP doesn't want them, but they are both slightly damaged on the edge of the cups so not sure if they will be any use apart from donor bearings, pm me your address and I'll pop them in the post if the OP doesn't respond today.

Re: Re:

Dickyboy":3u0m1gtv said:
Ishaw - you are welcome to them both if the OP doesn't want them, but they are both slightly damaged on the edge of the cups so not sure if they will be any use apart from donor bearings, pm me your address and I'll pop them in the post if the OP doesn't respond today.

I'd certainly be interested in the lower cup & bearing.

Re:

Didn't get a chance to ring Hope today, but will try tomorrow. It would be crazy if Hope had custom bearings made, but I'm not going to rule it out completely at this point.

I will report back when I've spoken to them.

Re:

I've spoken to Hope & they can't help other than confirm that the bearings were a special order from INA.

So... email has been sent to INA to see if they can shed any light.

Watch this space. :D

Re:

I recontacted hope about the bearings I needed, same story aside from them not being able to provide any details on bearings or supplier. Shame as it's a serviceable part. Not sure how to find out what I need sadly.

Back