Great big Singlespeed thread!

Nothing wrong with getting lapped :)
It's always better to be out having a go than not.
Hills hurt, couchs kill!

Jamie

It varies and depends on how long the laps are. usually about and hour or so, sometimes a bit longer.
There is usually a beer stop involved somewhere ;)

Jamie

Must get some pics for this thread!

Current bikes of a completely non retro nature.

Niner One 9 RDO, Niner forks / Lauf TR29 forks, chris king, hope, ZTR Crest, USE bars/post, XT Cranks, Brakes, Praxis Ring, Chris king Sprockets - 32-20

One One Sliding drop out, chris king, hope, ZTR Crest, ENVE bars/Post XT Cranks SLX Brakes, Praxis rings, One one sprokets 34-19

Attachments

• IMG_6906AA.jpg
    IMG_6906AA.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 5,927
Jamiedyer":330yka9z said:
Another couple of shots of the singlespeed Pug from last weekends race.

Jamie

AP5Y1414 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

That is a fantastic photo Jamie. You and the Pug both looking well in the snow!

I see it's still silver. Have you changed your plans about a re-spray?

Hi mate!
There is these two and another photo that were from the official photographer. The one you posted was about 7am and only about 3 kilometres from the lap end and a warm coffee so maybe that's why I am smiling or grimacing. When I started that lap the thermometer at the control tent said -16. Stopped and watched the sunrise for a few minutes from the high point on the course. Very cold but very beautiful. The snow was weird as it wasn't the usual Scottish wet snow it was a real dry fluffy powder. Probably because it was so cold it never melted to slush even when it was constantly being run over.
The paint, the bain of my Pugs existence really. This is the same first time silver with the magenta flake. It's still flaking off in spots from when it was first done but is holding up not too bad. They did offer to redo it after the season but it wasn't too bad and also a pain stripping it and taking it back to Inverness so I just let it go and live with it, I think that was 2 or 3 years ago now! It will need a respray somewhere down the line but I will change the colour to something new.
I like the Pugs, it's just a fat version of the 1 x 1 to me. I could lighten it but I like it as is, Large Marge rims and all.
How are you getting along?
Hopefully we will catch up as it's been a while. Are you heading to Baltic Bawbags?

Jamie

Jamie

Good stuff. Pugs is an awesome machine, and yours looks good in silver but I'm sure the next colour will suit it well too. Still loving mine and it got treated to a Hope SS hub for Christmas so it's even better than before!
I'm still getting out and about when I can. I'm unlikely to make it to BB, but it is on the radar so if things change and I can go, I will. ;)

Back