Hope headset bearings?

cherrybomb

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I've just bagged this on eblag.

Does anyone know a source for replacement bearing?

s-l1600.jpg

I've got a similar Hope HS in silver that I could cannibalise for the bearings, but I'd rather not. :D

Re:

They're an arse to get out and an arse to get in.
Easiest is to lift the seals, flush out as best you can, then regrease hoping there is no corrosion or damage.

They were, from memory way back when we chatted about them after the newer version came out, designed as disposable really.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":b5zlor6h said:
They're am arse to get out and and arse to get in.
Easiest to left the seals, flush out as best you can and regrease hoping there is no corrosion or damage

I have done this. As you say a pain to get out. I was really surprised at how smooth I managed to get them.

Re:

I speak from experience too :)

The bearings are completely flat and have no taper (if you are searching for them)

Re:

Anyone know what bearings for an early enduro headset I need? They are not the sealed variety, roller bearings in a plastic race, which is slightly conical. Hope weren't a huge amount of help unfortunately.

Re:

Not tried Hope yet, I'll give them a call on Monday. I only bagged it last night.

The bearing has been removed from the lower race so that's not a problem, just need to know a serial number, or dims for a replacement.

Back