Great big Singlespeed thread!

I was pretty sure SSEC 2018 was in Arnhem Holland in May this year?
I hope so as we all have leave and tickets booked :)

Jamie

i can finally join the club. ebay bargain verenti movement, not the best specced bike but i totally get it!

Attachments

• offroad tt.jpg
    offroad tt.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 4,796
  • 20171105_145333.jpg
    20171105_145333.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 4,796
  • 20171008_174252.jpg
    20171008_174252.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 4,796
Hi Longun, looks good and glad you get it :) With singlespeed I have always found that you can explain it to someone but when they ride SS they either get it or they don't.
I wouldn't worry about spec as it looks good from here and like everything you can upgrade as you go. Singlespeeders don't get hung up over spec like some branches of cycling, if you were a trendsetter you wouldn't be singlespeeding in the first place :)

Jamie

Ohh I did think cyclocross, especially at Koksijde and in March as well.
That would be good as well but I like the SSEC races. Would love to try the CX SS races, thought about setting my Mercian up with Mafac racers and some 32mm Dunlop CX tyres. Or I always toy with putting drops on the 1X1 and maybe some 29'ers to make a sort of monstercross machine.
All good fun.

Jamie

SSEC is May 19-20 in Holland. It is where the MTB Museum is. Most other details are thin on the ground but it is definitely happening then. Spoke to quite a few of the usual suspects this weekend at the Puffer to sort out who was going which way etc. Looks like ferry from hull and then riding.
You missed a great Puffer this year Kaiser, powder snow, brilliant clear skies and -16 at 5 o'clock this morning. To say it was cold was an understatement :)

Jamie

Re:

Wow! Stunning photos, Jamie!

My bike now race ready

IMG_1832 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

May look into doing the mtb ss race next year, perhaps. Hopefuly I won't get lapped in that one, as I was in last year's sscxec race! :oops: :facepalm:

Mike

Back