REVOLUTION IN CARBON FIBRE

Re:

I think I'd rather have a few extra shifts from my di2 than use power to pick a bar colour.

A bit pointless and a huge gimmick I'm sure will cost a few extra £ for precisely no gain, in fact imho, loss.

Hope, hang your head in shame. Why not spend some time researching a light and robust freehub instead (stop using metallic coloured cheese)? A way better and actual problem that needs solving. Oh, and that weight you saved by buying carbon bars, it's just been added back by a battery at each end. I hope you don't get caught out in public when the batteries run out. You are going to look soooooo silly with plain carbon bars.

Wtf? Maybe it's a few beers talking, but this actually angers me.

The bar will still need painting/coating in some way to protect it from UV.

Attachments

• 41-Hamann-Victory-II-Lamborghini-Gallardo-LP-560-4 .jpg
    41-Hamann-Victory-II-Lamborghini-Gallardo-LP-560-4 .jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 986
  • Hamann-Lamborghini_Gallardo_Victory_11 .jpg
    Hamann-Lamborghini_Gallardo_Victory_11 .jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 976
"I wonder how this company makes this carbon?"
The visible layer is not carbon fiber but Texalium (a glass fiber derivative that's vapor coated with aluminum for a whitish-silvery look) then they use a color tinted clear-coat.
The color change in the video was quite impressive. Utterly pointless for bike parts but I see potential in the automotive world (where the added electric power-supply is not an issue at all). I'm currently working on an automotive design project that requires different color carbon fiber and the shown system in the video would be quite neat...

Back