Forks - contrasting colour or same colour?

davidj

Senior Retro Guru
In my attempt to reduce my bike collection to just three I find myself with a new dilema. I have an Orange Evo8 in pearlescent white with gloss black Rockshox Reba Race forks. I also have some Marzocchi Super Legera forks in pearlescent white! Both forks are 100mm, the Zoochis are lighter but the rockshox have a negative air spring.

Do I go all white with the Zoochis, or sell them and keep the Reba's? Both are excellent condition and 100mm travel.

What would you do?

Re:

I personally like different colour forks to my frames so I would opt for the black.

This is purely on colour choice mind you and not comparing the actual qualities of each fork

Re:

I'd go contrast myself. Unless the fork was an exact match and designed for the frame anyway. Although in saying that I'd have to add that whatever looks best.

Based on fork virtues, are you after light, or better performance?

Re:

Contrasting is probably better than a slight mismatch, The Corsa SL are super light at just 1.5kg but I guess the Reba's are more robust and better suited to my weight and growing interest in more adventurous riding.

I slept on it overnight and this morning I have put the Zoochis up for sale on Ebay, it's a shame they have to go but I must remove all temptation to build a fifth bike and continue trying to part with the fourth bike! I have to part with some Fox vanilla 130s next....but not just yet, just a little longer.

eBay item number: 263383291380 incase anyone here is interested, obviously the price would be lower. I may do an advert for here also, but I have no luck with higher value items on the forum.

Back