Calling Scott Endorphin owners

Re:

Something doesn't look right to me in the pics of your hub. I'd expect to see the thread inside the freehub, what's the different coloured metal bit all about or is it just my tired eyes?

When you tighten the cassette and lock ring, does it all go together as you'd expect? The last cog should not overhang the freehub by much.

Re: Re:

ishaw":4za5f7sy said:
Something doesn't look right to me in the pics of your hub. I'd expect to see the thread inside the freehub, what's the different coloured metal bit all about or is it just my tired eyes?

When you tighten the cassette and lock ring, does it all go together as you'd expect? The last cog should not overhang the freehub by much.

It only just fitted on to be honest. Im wondering if that is a spacer at the base but it's right as hell. What worried me was when I tried to lever it off with a screwdriver it looked like the freehub was moving, not the spacer.

How long is the spline from spacer to end? Should be just short of 36mm iirc t o fit a 36.5mm wide cassette.

Re:

I've had a better look at the pics and I think it is my eyes, the threaded end looks ok. The spacer is needed on that freehub to prevent the cassette mashing into the hub body, and by the looks of the pic, is sitting behind the freehub rather than slotted over it. Could be wrong as my eyes do seem to be playing tricks on me today.

Hm.

I'd have to check mine when I get home, but it looks like your axle may be in back to front... On the NDS there shouldn't be the 'extra' spacer behind the hub flange, I think that's the axle itself.

If I were you I'd pull the axle and check that it's the right way round, and that the inner bearing is present and correct?

maybe?

My_Teenage_Self":2f3x0hfs said:
Hm.

I'd have to check mine when I get home, but it looks like your axle may be in back to front... On the NDS there shouldn't be the 'extra' spacer behind the hub flange, I think that's the axle itself.

If I were you I'd pull the axle and check that it's the right way round, and that the inner bearing is present and correct?

maybe?

Oh really? That's not something I will be capable of doing myself if Im honest.
The chap I bought the wheel from had been using it fine, albeit with an 8 speed cassette.

How far from the NDS flange (the bit that touches the frame) to the bearing...? and how far out does the drive side stick out from the freehub body...?

Back