Calling Scott Endorphin owners

BarberP7

Dirt Disciple
I've picked up a 1998/99 Scott Endorphin (yellow colours).
I've fitted a Hope ti-glide rear hub and wheel to it, but there doesn't appear to be enough clearance for the 9 speed cassette. It's jammed up against the frame

Do any Endorphin owners on here run 9 speed rear with any issues?

Thanks

Re:

You should be able to run 9 speed fine, never had a problem on any frame that came out as 8 speed originally. Is there a spacer on the freehub?

That's odd. Has the rear wheel been rebuilt and they missed a spacer or put the spindle in the wrong way round?

That's what I thought. At first I thought there was a spacer on the hub, but on closer inspection it seems it's part of the hub and not a spacer, as when I tried to get it off you could see the freehub moving rather than just the what I thought was a spacer.

The person I bought the wheel from (on here) has been really helpful and said it was used with an 8 speed cassette so it should be fine.

there shouldn't be anything on a ti-glide hub that looks remotely like a spacer.

Photo of yours? This is what it should look like. (It's what mine looked like except for the end cap.....)

69175265b85c428a351908b76d90b512cce722e1.jpg

I bought a second Endorphin and that came with OEM 9 speed

I'll have a look to see if I can swap the wheels around

The 9 speed frame is the MKII version and has a much bigger down tube compared to the earlier ones so its possible the drop outs are different that said I'd be surprised if there is

BarberP7":bmdk4g22 said:
It's a phase two frame as it's got the thicker down tube like you said

Ah......

I can't help you then, out of interest I'm going to check clearance on both of mine and will follow with interest.

Have to say they are great to ride as it feels like a soft tail .

Hmmm, different version, still, doesn't look like it'd have any issues getting a 9 speed on there.

Weird.

Back