2014 kona honky tonk f+f FOR FREE

Retro junkie

Retro Guru
HI GUYS
i dont really visit this side of the forum pages, but today i was presented with the frame and forks of a 2014 honky tonk, in green. It came for free because the seat post is stuck :facepalm: not everything is missing, it still has the brake callipers and headset bearings and bar stem and dont forget the seat post.

i have everything to build it with the parts bin except the bb (al any chance of that un90 back) :LOL:
its going down the flat bar conversion road,so will be fitting a triple crank and a good deal of the old xt kit....be interesting to see how it rides after :xmas-wink: :xmas-wink:

I wont lie, i came here for a free frame :LOL:

Anyway, how about some pics? not even sure what the Honky Tonk is, is it a hybrid sort of thing? :oops: :LOL: :facepalm:

mkone":32pdao2t said:

Anyway, how about some pics? not even sure what the Honky Tonk is, is it a hybrid sort of thing? :oops: :LOL: :facepalm:

:facepalm: And how many seconds of your evening would it take to look up on eBay? :LOL: :LOL:
There's a nice baby blue one for you there ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Mike Muz 67":2sfw1lkq said:
mkone":2sfw1lkq said:

:facepalm: And how many seconds of your evening would it take to look up on eBay? :LOL: :LOL:
There's a nice baby blue one for you there ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

:LOL: Quite a few, first time i forgot to put Kona in front in google image search :facepalm: and ended up faced with a lot of cowboys instead :LOL:

Re:

Honky tonk was a grèat bike. My bro had the brown one. Heavy but compliant. Great karma.

Get the plus gas on the go

Re:

This one is green with a goldish tint mixed with it. The paint is original with most of the light rust under the rear stays leading to the bb. I've not failed yet to remove a stuck post :xmas-wink:

Re:

Still undefeated, that seat post didn't stand a chance!!
A bit of gt85 every day running down it got it unseated (slight pun)!
And there was 175mm of it stuck in :D

Back