Pimp my ride

Bojan

Retro Newbie
After my city bike got stolen I bought a trek mtb and put some comfortable parts on it for commuting. I sort of liked the looks and ride of it and foud myself quite attached now.

I've seen some really nice bikes on here so tell me, how would you pimp my ride?

https://imgur.com/a/nuFtL
(Horrendous bell is going first)

Attachments

• R0II3El_d.jpg
    R0II3El_d.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 892
well, if it were ME, then first thing would be to ditch the stem and bars and tyres and put on something more mtb-ish (but thats probably the opposite of what you want to do)...otherwise job done, seems to have good running gear and brakes.

Although the frame looks like it has a fair bit of corrosion going on, that might need sorting out... strip, sand, repaint

Re:

Thanks for the feeback, but that is indeed the opposite of what i would like. Not trying to revert it back to original or make it less ridiculous, just want to make it look nicer. Any advice on colours? Would you repaint it the same as it was, or maybe just leave it unpainted ?

It is the best looking i agree, but seems expensive. Also, the welding is not so smooth so I don't know if it would look good. Anyone tried filling welds with Bondo, sanding down and then painting ?

Re:

I'd leave it as it is. If you are happy with the front end looking like it does, no point in painting the frame. You can't polish a turd.

On the plus side, I doubt anyone is going to try and steal it.

To be honest I'd bypass all the also rans and go to main man

This is a job for THM the undisputed king of pimp

Bojan":7rex55zi said:
Sorry spud you'll have to dumb that down for me

He has special powers.... Almost Mythical

He'll be along shortly I'm sure, in the meantime go and get some sun glasses and find somewhere to leave / park "self control"

Well hello.

Are you looking for traditional pimpage or individual style with one eye on period correctness and one on causing offence to all those with an ounce of taste and one on the sanitarium?

First rule of proper thm pimpage is that no two adjacent parts can even approach the same colour.

I have examples that you may wish to peruse should your intestinal fortitude allow. Please turn over.

Back