Cannondale F800 R.I.P.

royboy2cv

GT Fan
After 15years of great service the lower drive side stay has decided to snap . Cannondale say that the Aluminium has come to the end of it's life :shock: So much for a life time warranty .

dscf0365f_zps54d71f78.jpg

After so much work on this it was just were i wanted it , the frame was the only part left .

So one big question is does any one have one on here going begging ( Large ) any colour !!!!!!!

Re:

Many thanks for the offer , but me with my long legs i really need a Large :facepalm: , a gain thanks for the offer ,
all the best Roy

Re:

Cannondale say that every thing has a life and that the aluminium has come to the end of it's life !!!!
So much for a life time warranty !

Re:

Well thats contradictory to their own terms. Aside from the freeride and dirt jump frames (that only get 3 years) all cannondale frames have a lifetime warranty against materials and/or workmanship FOR THE LIFETIME OF THE ORIGINAL OWNER (so not an undefined period of time for the frame).

A friend of mine had an F700 from around 2000 replaced under warranty when it cracked at one of the dropouts. Yours is a similar material failure.

Obviously you can't expect a direct replacement but you should get either an equivalent or credit against a new model.

(Edited because I shouldn't try to type on my phone.)

So what happened - did you get a new frame out of Cannondale, or a replacement from someone else? I nearly bought a F700 in the early 2000s, I'm kind of glad I didn't now - instead I spent the money on a guitar that's now worth more than I paid for it and and the Kona I was going to replace then has only just been replaced in the past month!

Re:

No luck with Cannondale , only offering 10% off a new bike ( i only want the frame ) so i found one on e-bay ( many thanks to MARK ) .

Re:

Wow, 10%... you could probably negotiate that yourself anyway. Your new frame looks in great nick though, does it "feel" like the same bike (assuming you swapped all the other bits over?) or like a new one?

I must admit reading your story made me look over my own 15 year old eBay purchase pretty carefully for cracks when it arrived...

Back