OMG Stolen Bike Turns up on Gumtree

Re:

PLOD - walk doggedly and slowly with heavy steps.

Plod are only interested in hate crimes and firearms offences. Lazy and inefficent - and quite often morons (well they are round here- thick as mince) Write a complaint to your local police commisioner - might then get off there fat lazy arses.

Re:

I dont think we are too far off a lawless society in some parts of the country. Lost track of the number of people saying they are selling up and moving out of London in the last few weeks due to this.

Re: Re:

Moog":3vzxfb06 said:
Ah...just remembered

I'd written my post code all over the bike with a Permanent UV marker....Now to buy a UV torch :D

UVmarker.jpg

Now that's good evidence, hope it turns out to be yours.

As for those on here slating police, why not enquire about going on a ride along as an observer, might open your eyes a bit!!!!!

Re: Re:

Minifreak":33rgj7g2 said:
As for those on here slating police, why not enquire about going on a ride along as an observer, might open your eyes a bit!!!!!

For me it's not a matter of slating the police. I can imagine how their hands must be tied by budget cuts and other issues and I feel for good coppers who are unable to do the job they want because of circumstances. However, we as members of society have a social contract with the police and justice system that says they will uphold the law on our behalf and we will obey the law. If we don't obey the law then we will be dealt with by the police and justice system. But what if they don't uphold the law? Are we supposed to just shrug our shoulders and say never mind? I say bollocks to that. If the police aren't interested then deal with it yourself if you are able. In this instance I'd be stealing my bike back!

Re:

And what do you expect the police to do when someone asks them to retreive theyre stolen bike and they only know its theirs because they recognise the grips and seat? Its alright to slate the police and i do agree they can be pretty unhelpful but still, be realistic :LOL:

If you want it back, you need to go down there and take it. Simple

I neither like or dislike the police, you are always going to get unhelpful people, and yes, some will put a uniform on, but like someone has said, you need to be realistic. You also need to know how the system works. You have further proof the bike is/could be yours, which you should take along to the station along with your ref number and get it logged, maybe ask to speak to the officer dealing with your case.

Lets say you did just go and try to "steal it back". If the police are called to the scene regarding a man forcefully taking a bike from a women and child, from her house too (who could in all probability be innocent) then that is what they will deal with. Of course you will be able to have your say, down at the station and more than likely to the courts as you try to justify your actions to the judge. The incident of the original theft is already logged and a seperate case. You just have to go along with the system im afraid.

If someone came to your house while you were out and only your wife and young child were at home, and forcefully took one of your bikes because they said it had the same grips saddle colour etc, im sure you would want the police to help catch and prosecute the theif suspect regardless of what he claimed, or could prove.

Anyway, if i go on a ride along with an armed response unit, do i ger a gun :D

mkone":30w3cqgk said:
I neither like or dislike the police, you are always going to get unhelpful people, and yes, some will put a uniform on, but like someone has said, you need to be realistic. You also need to know how the system works. You have further proof the bike is/could be yours, which you should take along to the station along with your ref number and get it logged, maybe ask to speak to the officer dealing with your case.

Lets say you did just go and try to "steal it back". If the police are called to the scene regarding a man forcefully taking a bike from a women and child, from her house too (who could in all probability be innocent) then that is what they will deal with. Of course you will be able to have your say, down at the station and more than likely to the courts as you try to justify your actions to the judge. The incident of the original theft is already logged and a seperate case. You just have to go along with the system im afraid.

If someone came to your house while you were out and only your wife and young child were at home, and forcefully took one of your bikes because they said it had the same grips saddle colour etc, im sure you would want the police to help catch and prosecute the theif suspect regardless of what he claimed, or could prove.

Anyway, if i go on a ride along with an armed response unit, do i ger a gun :D

Nicely put but afraid NO gun ;)

Re:

Got the bike back today.....Slightly less minty original :|

Note the colour scheme on the pedals...lovely
2dcg603.jpg

Ballater
2ihxyra.jpg

Re:

Yesterday evening, I'd went to the house and viewed the bike and mentioned I was interested, asked if there was a lowest price..

This was just to verify the bike belonged to me.

Today, texted and went round and was as straightforward with the seller, asking, when did you get the bike and was it around February 12th and then told the seller the bike belonged to me and was stolen and where the bike was stolen from. Asked her too look at a photo of the bike, pointing out details.

The seller then said if the bike was yours and belonged to you to just take it. I did offer the seller some money in way of a gesture but was declined.

I'm told...since then, her BF bought the bike in good faith from a workmate.

Put the bike back of the car and away and thats that.

35ktzeq.jpg

THE END

Latest posts

Back