OMG Stolen Bike Turns up on Gumtree

Moog

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
My Rockhopper stolen earlier this year from a car park has turned up for sale on Gumtree...It's mine alright..

Called the police and have been advised that the bike might of been bought and are offering no help. I've said I'd go to the house and was advised it could be dangerous and have said they would need a warrant.

Apart from that they did say if I identified the bike as my own to call with the crime reference number and that was it...

Looking awfully like I'm gonna have to say goodbye

Gumtree Image
$_86.JPG

Ballater
2ihxyra.jpg

doesnt look the same to me? different pedals,shifters,rear light bracket,no wheel reflectors? could be but i would say not..little girls bike in the background suggests a family man? :?

Re:

Not much apart from the seat, grips, missing spoke, and some scuffs.

My bike alright, seats torn and glued and like I said few minor details. Same as other bikes I know but .....

You could always buy it back, maybe mention to the seller when you collect that it is a possability it could be your stolen bike and the police have asked to pass the sellers details on. Maybe he might panic and give it you back, never know. The police cant really do much as there is no proof it is yours unless you can prove the serial number and any marks you stated when you first reported it. They can not prove the seller stole it so will not act on that im afraid, unless he is a fan of the bill tv show and just "confesses everything guv" :)

Re:

That's about it or like the police said, check/look the bike over and identify any particular marks/damage etc and if you are sure then call the police with relevant details, crime number and any other details.

Seriously buying a bike back is an option but this bike falls into a low price bracket. If the bike was a serious piece of kit worth a few thousand then for £150 yeah but otherwise, it's phone look over and contact the old bill.

stew-b":2y2957x8 said:
doesnt look the same to me? different pedals,shifters,rear light bracket,no wheel reflectors? could be but i would say not..little girls bike in the background suggests a family man? :?

This i dissagree with 100% because

-Added rear light? Maybe the new 'owner' wanted lights. Proves nothing

-Different pedals? Very minor and easy change, if i nicked a bike id change the pedals too. Proves nothing

-different shifters? With the angle of the picture you cant see them, and the picture quality is too poor as well

No wheel reflectors? Seriously? Come on :LOL: :LOL:

Kids bike? Doesn't necessarily mean family man, and does having a child prevent someone from being a theif? Think not

Re: Re:

Moog":gdyx9l57 said:
That's about it or like the police said, check/look the bike over and identify any particular marks/damage etc and if you are sure then call the police with relevant details, crime number and any other details.

Seriously buying a bike back is an option but this bike falls into a low price bracket. If the bike was a serious piece of kit worth a few thousand then for £150 yeah but otherwise, it's phone look over and contact the old bill.

Got a link to the gumtree advert? Might be a help

Lazy ******* plod.

They weren't that shy when the former owner of a stolen bike I accidentally bought reported it stolen - they were round my house like a shot.

Try making a complaint.

Back