1x10 question

Re:

It will work fine, so long as you get your chain line right and the gearing is good for your fitness/terrain you ride.

I have got my Marin running 1x11 with an 11 - 42 cassette and 34 chainring. Initially my chain line was out and back peddling would drop a couple of gears when in first. After reducing the chain line to about 49mm it now rides beautifully and I am now a 1x convert.

Re:

Also a big 1x convert. I'm running 36 with 11-34 1x9 on a 29er. I was worried that I might be a bit short on the steep climbs where I live in the Surrey Hills but it's fine. Especially as I'm only riding for a max of 2-3 hours. I think if I was planning all day epics or really big hills it wouldn't be forgiving enough. Also I'm just doing XC - for more technical stuff I'd want a bigger range. I think what you are going for will be fine - if it's quite flat where you are I'd even be tempted by 36 upfront.

Assuming you have a triple chainset on another bike just do your normal riding sat in the middle ring. That's what I did on a 36t 12-28 7 speed cassette 26er and that convinced me I'd be OK.

Good luck :cool:

Back