Help please, Mongoose pro NX8.1 mtb

89mustang

Retro Newbie
Hello all, I've just inherited a late 90's (I think) Mongoose mountain bike. It seems to be the only one anywhere. There are only dropouts and some decals available and no information at all that I've found. Anyone more knowledgeable than me that can give me any information on them/it! Thanks

There rare, I have the Mongoose NX series on my auto ebay search and I've seen like one in the last 5 years or so. I remember that style came out in 1998, and ran till 1999 and I think Mongoose got sold off to pacific cycles right after that. I think the frame was a bit on the heavy side and was a bit of a gimmick more then any kind of useful innovation. I don't think they sold to well at all but I could be wrong. That said I'm a huge mongoose fan so I think there pretty cool. Is it the yellow one? I think that was a "Xt" level bike, and the 9.1 was xtr, but you would have to source the catalog for more info. They had both a hardtail and FS in that style, I've been hoping to find a cheap hardtail to turn into a cruiser, but not much luck finding one. Post some pics if you have the chance.

Back