Question for the Orange experts: O2 info please

Sorry I should of spotted that earlier, iirc the dropouts are also rather interesting on the 02 compared to later models.

Yeah - the dropouts are kinda recessed under the seatstays

Any idea what was the max fork length? The later Evo2 would take 100mm - but I'm thinking probably 80mm?

Anyone out in RB_land know what forks they came with?
Or any idea what was the max fork length?

The later Evo2 would take 100mm - but I'm thinking probably 80mm?

Thanks in advance!

Don't hold me to this - my recollections are pretty fuzzy, but I did work in an Orange dealer in 98 and I remember it being a Rock Shox Indy LT, which was 80mm.
(running for cover before I get shot down!) :)

But that frame would be fine with a 100mm travel fork as long as you compensate with a shorter than stock stem.

Cheers bud,
I think Orange were fitting RS forks to their bikes up to '98 and switched to fitting Manitou from '99.
Don't really want to go to 100mm - I don't think the daughter needs that much travel.
I might try and get a set of 80mm Manitou SX for it - which oddly is how we first chatted on here when I was looking for the same fork for the MrXC :)

A couple of quick questions for any 1998 Orange 02 owners. I have my bike in storage from my teenage mountain biking days and I'm considering restoring it. I don't have access to my bike right now and won't for several months so can't easily answer these.

1) What was the original gearing? Was is 3x8?
2) Anyone care to speculate on the maximum tire clearance?

I'd love to build it up with some wide, tubeless tires and put a 10 speed cassette/shifters on it.

Thanks!

Back