DMR Trailstar Mk2

philpeak

Old School Hero
After chatting with Voodoo-kid about taking on his Mk1 frame with horizontal dropouts I have been looking around and hopefully bagged a later model with vertical dropouts and adjustable v-brake mounts the only snag is it only has two cable stops on the top tube with the clips on the underside (older ones had three stops on the top tube)

Wondered if anyone on here had run this generation of frame with v-brakes with front and rear mechs? Seen lots of single speed, single front ring, discs and allsorts of combinations but no-one running the set up I want.

Hopefully there's a solution

Can't upload pics a present which is a pain but working on it.

Any help welcome.

You want to run gears and V brakes? I'd choose rear mech only on this bike personally. Run a good chain device on ISCG mounts or go 10 speed clutch narrow wide ring. My Trailstar is single speed, my other DMR is going to have chain device and 9 speed 11-32

Edit: your other option is running cable outer all the way for your 3rd cable.whichever you decide that one. My modern runs an outer all the way to the rear mech. See which one is best suited.

Back