Lost my bushing....

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I lost my bushing sleeve from my 99 fsr shock linkage. It fits through the shock bushes which are m8 and reduces it down to m6 so the bolt that fits through it doesn't slip around...
Anyone know where i can get custom sized or stock sizes that will do the job?
Length 50mm
OD 8mm
ID 6mm

8mm aluminium tube with 1 mm wall? Then use tube cutter to cut to preciise size?

Im sure b&q sell it.

If you really really get stuck, i may have some tube lying around. Note. Brass would be better for this application.

Re:

I thought i had some lying around. Will order it if i can see it on eBay. Think i did this before actually..... :/

Brass and aluminium 8mm 1 mm wall are available on ebay, obviously a lathe to cut to exact length with square ends is best but a pipe cuttet is sevond best but will splay the ends slightly so tube may be slightly shorter, a couple of practice goes should see you right.

Re:

Ordered some aluminium tube. I have a dremel and ordered enough tube to have a few goes. Doesn't need to exactly sit flush as it's just to take up the space between the shock bushes and bolt.

Re:

I've sorted this now, bought some aluminium rod off eBay and cut and filed down a section that fits snugly enough. I had to use a spare bolt to hammer through the rod though as it was a touch too small (inner diameter). But my methods proved successful! Will add a picture soon

Latest posts

Back