xt 11 speed bar mount to ispec adapter

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Ok, without photos it may be hard to explain but here goes.

I have xt brakes to which 10 speed shifter bolts but would like to fit 11 speed xt.

The 11 speed is bar mount but the mount is removable so is there an adapter to fit?

Now the 11 spd shifter also comes in 2 ispec flavours, neither of which is compatible with the m8000.

Re:

You sure the 11 speed ispec is incompatible with M8000? M8000 is compatible with ispec & ispec 2 as far as I know.

You should be able to get replacement top covers for the shifters with the ispec mounts. It's a little more involved than just replacing the top cover as you have to replace some of the internal components too (Well that is the case with the 10 speed shifters at least) but you will get everything you need with the conversion kit & its straight forward to fit, just a little fiddly.

Re:

Actually.

Isn't M8000 the 11 speed XT anyway? the brake & 11 speed shifters should be ispec 2 compatible.

Re:

This is the xt 11 spd, it has bar clamp, the small screw to the left allows gear window to be removed and below it is M5 bolt that holds bar clamp in place.

And here is the type of adapter im looking for, the silver coloured thing, as on this 10 speed. I belive this is first generation ispec? And yes, its been reversed so both are in same orientation.

Attachments

• CAM00435-1.jpg
    CAM00435-1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 717
  • CAM00436-1.jpg
    CAM00436-1.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 717
Re:

You can get a conversion kit. It isn't just a matter of removing the bar clamp and bolting on an ispec mount, there is a complete new shifter housing half & a replacement internal bit too.

You can get a complete shifter for about £35 from CRC. Might be easier to buy one of them & sell your current shifter on.

Thanks for that but the part that bolts up to the brake lever does not seem compatible.

Im going to have a go making my own adapter, mk 1 mock up below, the really difficult bit will be getting the hole in the right place.,... hmmm...

Attachments

• CAM00438-1.jpg
    CAM00438-1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 684
02gf74":36qe67nh said:
Thanks for that but the part that bolts up to the brake lever does not seem compatible.

Im going to have a go making my own adapter, mk 1 mock up below, the really difficult bit will be getting the hole in the right place.,... hmmm...

Right, I've just done a bit of research:

If you have M8000 brakes with ispec 2 as you say then the kit I linked to should fit. They did an M8000 shifter with ispec B mount for use with older brakes too but they didn't do an ispec B M8000 brake lever, that would be an M780/785 brake.

Looking at the photo of your mocked up mount and the fact you had a 10 speed shifter fitted, I would hazard a guess that your brakes are M785 not M8000

Re:

In that case- yeah, your screwed. :LOL:

Not really, you can get an M8000 11 speed shifter that is compatible with ispec B. CRC list them for £40.00.

Then sell your current shifter on here or eblag. There's plenty of people looking to upgrade to 1x11 who would be interested in it.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shim ... prod135894

in all honesty, I'd go that route if I was doing it again rather than paying £20+ for just a conversion kit (not even sure they make one for the M8000).

You can also botch one of the Hope adapters to fit if you have an ispec 2 shifter & ispec B brake, but .......honestly?

By the way.......are you confused yet? Cos I am.

Or, you can carry on with your home made adapter. Sounds like a much more satisfying solution to me- if you have the patience (which I don't!).

Latest posts

Back