Please help identify this TEAM SARACEN

Close but no cigar...

$_86.JPG

legrandefromage":8sr61lkm said:
Muddy paw":8sr61lkm said:
Looking online i can't find the correct year for your frame how ever i can tell you it's a Raw as heres a link showing a similar probably newer model http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saracen-Raw-M ... SwmgJY189X

Except that one is steel and the blue one is aluminiumumumum!

Not many URT full sussers with aluninnium back ends though

Yes i know that one on the bay was steel as i was just trying to find a close match to discover the model name :facepalm: ..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Muddy paw":363irynp said:
I have to admit that when people come on here just to find out a price it can be rather deflating as were always waiting for a new member to turn up and show off their pride n joy and explain their passion for cycling which we all love to read about ..

^^^^ this exactly, people who have a passion for retrobikes (or even modern one)

The pivot pin with the allen key in the centre reminds me of a bike and it's lost in my noggin but it will come back, I'm sure this frame is a very low budget one that has been tarted up and had saracen decals put on, god knows why but that is my feeling.

On the other matter of "opportunists" "sellers" etc coming in just for a price or to sell and never to be seen again? This forum is very clicky. Yes they can be annoying, yes sometimes it can be a "again?" but to kid ourselves we are so special that this does not happen to any other forum might be at the heart of the problem.

If you think someone winds you up by asking for a price as a new member then simply do not answer, ignore them, no one is asking you personally for your tower of information or opinion.

Our passion for retro bikes should not see some trying to justify it with crass rudeness and nastyness because they see themselves as bastions of the forum. Personally I'd rather see, "yeah I asked them a question but got no answers" rather than "what a bunch of C****, I asked a simple question and a few of them were nasty, horrible and down right rude, that forum is full of people up themselves and to*****"

If a newbie, whether an opportunist or not, asks a question and for some reason your angry forum rage head comes to the boil then may I say for the reputation of the forum and all of it's members, it might be better to say nothing at all?

Re:

They might only come onto the forum to ask a valuation/stupid question but if us members are helpful and friendly they might find a reason to stay, if we're hostile then it's inevitable they'll disappear again. I remember my first visit after buying my first retro bike (1993 marin bolinas ridge). I had no clue about bikes at all other than how to ride them and was asking all sorts of stupid questions but I stayed because this forum got me hooked on them. Cheers by the way, my bank balance hates you guys :LOL:

Truth be told I know how to maintain/build a bike but when it comes to specs, years, and the history of bikes I'm useless. I went from having retro bikes to buying better spec modern bikes for competition. However I came back to this forum because retro bikes became a part of me due to this forum and even though I can't afford to get anything good like a lot of people on here, I still enjoy seeing (and drooling over) others' pride and joy.

Back