Please help identify this TEAM SARACEN

legrandefromage":3obp0hkb said:
Oooh what a lovely welcoming chap you are.

I rarely do welcomes, less so to those who have no interest in our hobby/obsession but post here for a valuation, as if we are Parkers of the bike world. :facepalm:

Searching ebay for sold items is the most accurate way as it shows the price the item sold for.

Re: Re:

Searcher":97c398iw said:
Thanks all you "helpful" guys I'm quite saddened that the master of the universe wanted a new victim to bully again this week lets hope that sad sad person finds a better hobby... As he/she assumes to know everything let me gladly fill you in I would not want you to loose sleep over my situation... blah blah

So are you going to contribute anything to this site, other than wanting to know how much the frame you aquired is worth?

BaronessLL1401_468x389.jpg

Re:

Just to be clear I only asked for identification help not valuation one must come before the other so yes I shall use eBay to find a price but without a name I can't search hence my name!!! Only came close with a 2002 boys bike named Hex

Could this have been an event bike recreated for kids to idolise?

I have to admit that when people come on here just to find out a price it can be rather deflating as were always waiting for a new member to turn up and show off their pride n joy and explain their passion for cycling which we all love to read about and in doing so helps create friendships which often goes beyond just being an online club member ..

But any how £25-£45 is a fair estimate but due to their being a glut of these designs out on the market sometimes you'll be lucky to see the frame sell for more than £20 because theirs alot of people out there trying to make a killing on what they believe to be a valuable item which it's not ..

Any how if you don't mind me asking what's the frame size and what area are you in ? ..

Sorry i can't give you a name as i'm not familliar with all the different models from the era of your bike as theirs a few that all look similar and the only main differences were the components ..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Muddy paw":1mcpr9he said:
Looking online i can't find the correct year for your frame how ever i can tell you it's a Raw as heres a link showing a similar probably newer model http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saracen-Raw-M ... SwmgJY189X

Except that one is steel and the blue one is aluminiumumumum!

Not many URT full sussers with aluninnium back ends though

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The reasons why I asked is this even a saracen was, the rear triangle looks more like a hammerite paint job, the main frame looks like a respray as shown by the bottle bolts being sprayed the same colour and the decals. I've just been through the 95-98 saracen catalogues and the bikes on ebay and none have the decals cutting into the welds as they do in the frame shown by the op.

Re:

They also made the Saracen Ikon in this style and colour I believe.

I actually had the slightly different design Ikon for a while. Picked it up at car boot for £15, did a few 'tweaks' and do you know what, I regret ever selling that bike because even though it weighed a ton it was amazing fun down my local 'not so accessible' trails. So yeah even a rubbish bike can be a lot of fun

scrap that. the Ikon was a completely different shape altogether :LOL: . Just remember having one the same colour as this

Attachments

• saracen.jpg
    saracen.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 576
Back