Please help identify this TEAM SARACEN

Searcher

Retro Newbie
It has the look of both a Havoc and Raw but closer inspection shows different lower arm connection and the neck joins are thicker.

The frame weighs just 2kg and appears to be Aluminium

Other than those I'm STUCK.....

Re:

Photo 1

Attachments

• rps20170325_133013.jpg
    rps20170325_133013.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 731
  • rps20170325_133120.jpg
    rps20170325_133120.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 731
  • rps20170325_133039.jpg
    rps20170325_133039.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 731
  • rps20170325_133053.jpg
    rps20170325_133053.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 731
why do you want to know - valuation for selling ?

Looks to be like a frame from when Saracen was making BSOs.

Let me guess. You have an oldish bike frame and because retro is in fashion, you think you've stumbled on a sack of gold and registered on here purely to find out how much its worth and make no other contribution to this site.

Dont worry, we see a few of these type of posts per week.

BSO - bike shape object, basically low end stuff.

Saracen were a top uk brand in the nineties then went for the low end market to sell bikes in argos and halfords. Looking at the rear swing arm and shock it appears this frame is from the bso era.

£25-45

02gf74":cgosiobz said:
Let me guess. You have an oldish bike frame and because retro is in fashion, you think you've stumbled on a sack of gold and registered on here purely to find out how much its worth and make no other contribution to this site.

Dont worry, we see a few of these type of posts per week.

BSO - bike shape object, basically low end stuff.

Saracen were a top uk brand in the nineties then went for the low end market to sell bikes in argos and halfords. Looking at the rear swing arm and shock it appears this frame is from the bso era.

£25-45

Oooh what a lovely welcoming chap you are.

That shock was used in the top end Marin Mount Vision frames. This was at the height of Unified Rear Triangle 'URT' designs so Trek, Klien and plenty of others producing this type of design along side single pivot and multi link.

Its a perfectly normal frame from the era and mister moody trousers up there should be ignored.

Re:

:LOL:

Nothing wrong with Saracen .... ok they slipped a bit by letting kids assemble them in Halfords, but up to then they were always top rated in group tests in MBUK MBR and the like.

Re:

Thanks all you "helpful" guys I'm quite saddened that the master of the universe wanted a new victim to bully again this week lets hope that sad sad person finds a better hobby... As he/she assumes to know everything let me gladly fill you in I would not want you to loose sleep over my situation... So yes I acquired this frame along with a few more such as Lapierre so I took the Saracen to a dealer who said late 90's but due to its weight 2kg it confused him as cheap bikes are rarely ( I said rarely not never so don't get punchy 02gf74) so as a member of this site the dealer said I should try and use the collective knowledge and maybe it's a rare find maybe a "bin filler" but until I know I can't sell it... So thanks to all who have been helpful and the arrogant one well you know you will never change just don't be a bully its quite sad and absolutely unnecessary

Back