How do you work out BB axel length?

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":2n7gvp1v said:
Double, well then you would go shorter as they need to centre around the middle of the two chainrings not the middle chainring.
107 would sound fine then.

And spacycles do recommend the 107 and they should know.
http://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s109p45/ ... act-Double

And the new is the same
http://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s109p279 ... act-Double

107 would be where i would start.

By the way the recommendations come direct from Stronglight.

then its the TA bb? My eyes don't lie. No way are they fitting my frame with the 107

Re:

I missed the bit where you had fitted it,right after missing the bit about double rings.
Did the rings hit or did the arms hit?

Either way 113/116 is the next size up.

FluffyChicken":2ebalfs3 said:
I missed the bit where you had fitted it,right after missing the bit about double rings.
Did the rings hit or did the arms hit?

Either way 113/116 is the next size up.

With the 73mm spacers both sides of the bb axel the crank arms hit the end cups. Removing the spacers let the drive side fit. But the non drive crank now hits the cup. Knew I should have kept the box. Instead of giving to the gerbils to destroy.

Re:

I don't know the bottom bracket but spacers should normally alter the cup to axle end. Is it suppose to be a dual 68/73 bottom bracket.
Either way if it's designed for the crank it shouldn't happen, M900 where recessed more for the M900 crank design so it could fit in flush.

Anyway see how the 116 goes.

FluffyChicken":zphpx592 said:
I don't know the bottom bracket but spacers should normally alter the cup to axle end. Is it suppose to be a dual 68/73 bottom bracket.
Either way if it's designed for the crank it shouldn't happen, M900 where recessed more for the M900 crank design so it could fit in flush.

Anyway see how the 116 goes.

116 it is. With the spacers for a 73 BB as well. Weighed 223 grams one day replace with a Ti axel

Thanks for the advice all :D

Latest posts

Back