Cane Creek 110 vs Chris King

julesg007

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

OK we all now how good CK headsets are but they are quite expensive!

Want a red headset and seen a CC 110 on the bay for a decent price and was wondering if anyone has any experience of them and are they really as good as CK headsets?

Cheers

Jules

If it's a real Cane Creek, it'll be as good as CK. If its a fake, it'll be crap.

Some OE stuff makes it's way onto eBay as well. Have seen some that come with stainless bearings as aftermarket and normal bearings as OE........ dunno if 110 is one of those offered with a "cheap" bearing option to bike manufacturers

Re:

Thanks Mattr for the reply.

Sort of forget the is some dodgy bike gear out and about, seems just about everything is faked and forged nowadays.

Will have a look at the listing again and see what they are saying.

Jules

Volume?
Profit?
Sales of spares?

I've got no idea, other than that. Just seen OE headsets (both on bikes and eBay) that aren't built as per the aftermarket specs.

Re:

I've got a 110 CC on my Brodie, and its simply superb. Super well designed and fabricated!

Re: Re:

k-rod":d8e0ilbi said:
I've got a 110 CC on my Brodie, and its simply superb. Super well designed and fabricated!
I had the choice between a King headset or a 110 headset, I picked the 110.

Re:

Incidentally, I had a local bike shop set the crown race down onto my steering tube, and they ham-fisted the job, with the problem with that being that the race has a very fine rubber dust/dirt seal skirt running the circumference of its outer perimeter, which skirt was partially crushed/creased by the mechanics rough handing of the process. A phone call to Cane Creek, a few bucks covered by the shop (a very reasonable price by Cane Creek, actually) ... and twelve days later, the shop replaced my Cane Creek crown race for me for having wrecked the first one.

Awesome company to deal with! (C/C, that is)

Back