Wheel building question

kingbling

rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Need a bit of help with this one people as I can't find any answers on the net probably because I'm not asking the right question :facepalm:

So question is how do I find out what spoke length I need for a 8 X 4 spoke bed pattern e.g. 4spokes big gap 4spokes etc can I just use the ERD in a normal spoke length calculator like Edd or Wheelpro with the number of crosses of spokes and hub dim's. I've emailed the maker but had no reply asked my LBS but no clue.
The rims are Exal AX19 an older version
Any help much appreciated Thanks :D

Re:

Use the spoke calculator (it just does some maths).
If it is effectively 4x like a normal build 4x then they are the same length.
Or 3x then use 3x. Etc.

Pop in what the spoke hole number would be if they are all there.

Even though you are just leaving them differently bythe sounds of it.

Basically in a spoke calculator the X is giving the angle it leaves the hub.

If you are using a standard 32 hole hub, you're going to need a lot of spoke lengths!
Don't think the calculators will work very well (if at all) on this. :(

Even if you just assume its a 48 hole rim, but missing 16 spokes, the hub spacing will be all to pot, unless thats the same design.

mattr":3tcavc68 said:
If you are using a standard 32 hole hub, you're going to need a lot of spoke lengths!
Don't think the calculators will work very well (if at all) on this. :(

Even if you just assume its a 48 hole rim, but missing 16 spokes, the hub spacing will be all to pot, unless thats the same design.

This is what I was suspecting a pain in the bum :roll:

I did a few runs on the spoke calculator and the lengths It throws out are still to long even if you do it as a 1 cross I fear it may stump us all

Back