20 mm bolt through

Modern wheels have end adapters so that 20mm, 15 mm and 9 mm q/r can be used.

If your wheels has 9 mm axle then no as it is too long. You could possibly cut a 20 mm axle and fit hollow blocks in the ends to allow skewer to fit and shorten axke on thr wheel but the wheel will be resting on the skewer and not the axle so it would be an accident in waiting.

Doesnt want to buy another wheel or wants front hub which is not available in 20 mm variant to match rear hub?

I had a look yesterday but with 15mm axle forks. If the part of the 9mm axle that engages with fork is chopped off, it fits into fork legs... but the wheel will rest on the skewer and that is very bad.

You need to modify the cones so that 9mm axle slides out and needs to be longer too so it becomes the skewer and that is not possible as the cones are held in place by lock nuts.

Re:

Ar, sorry- I got the wrong end of the stick completely. I had this vision of a huge 20mm QR!

I guess you could have inserts made for the fork that had a recess for the end of a 9mm axle. One could be permanently fixed, the other pushed in from the outside to hold the wheel. A long QR could then be made to hold the whole lot together.

However, unless you have access to lathes, it would probably be cheaper to find a new front wheel.- Which will work much better as it will stiffen the fork legs.

02gf74":3uuwyc8y said:
I had a look yesterday but with 15mm axle forks. If the part of the 9mm axle that engages with fork is chopped off, it fits into fork legs...

You shouldn't have to do this with 20mm forks as they are 110mm not 100mm

Re:

Just tried it with my RS Revelation forks & a QR wheel and it would be reasonably straight forward. (With RS forks at least). The wheel fits nicely, you should just need a couple of push in adapters and a long QR.

Back