GT experts - How f&*ked is my Lobo?

misquote

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Hi folks,

I picked up a '99 alu Lobo frame a few years back, spent a month redrawing all the decals, had Gil run them off (cheers) then, for some reason I can't remember, took it to my LBS to disassemble so I could send the front end of for a respray. Bike goes in, bits come out. Front end goes away, comes back looking lurvely.

...Then I get distracted by an old '99 Kona Stab Dee-Lux and the Lobo sits untouched in my room in bits (I know, but at least it wasn't in the shed). I caught Rampage the other week and it motivated me to get moving on some of my builds so drag the Lobo out with the intention of at least getting the linkage re-attached to the front end.

Gutted to see that it looks like somewhere between the LBS's garage and today some of the bolts have been lost. I don't know the construction of the back end that well, but I do know these things are like hen's teeth for spares. I want to try and clear up exactly how bad it is - the only thing I know for sure is missing is the other bolt to attach the shock itself. Could any resident Lobo experts have a go at letting me know what I'm missing from the attached pic please? Perhaps point me in the direction of a source? I wouldn't have the first clue where to start in getting new bolts machined, so any help appreciated there.

I also have two spare RS Coupe Deluxe pullshocks that I picked up around the same time I got the frame when they were reasonable, just out of the sheer paranoia of them becoming impossible to get (well done past me). The frame came with a longer travel shock and heavier Fox spring, so these two stock are spare and still in the plastic. Not really looking to sell them, but will add one into a deal for anyone with the necessary spare bolts...or, ya know, a spare Lobo backend *cough* Magsy *cough*

As always, any help appreciated!

Cheers,
-Mark

Attachments

• Lobo_bolts.png
    Lobo_bolts.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 442
Back