Rust on new bike ( and not a BSO either)

The History Man":1s7gzs3p said:
So how did it go?

The bike shop has sent some photos to Marin.

I await their/his comments and offer.

I did remove the mudguards and shone a torch inside the forks and its only superficial rust, but not what you want from a new bike :x

Your quite in your rights to ask for your money back if your not happy with the outcome but if Marin value your custom then they'll be at least a discount on offer or a replacement ..

Muddy paw":2mp60a6b said:
Your quite in your rights to ask for your money back if your not happy with the outcome but if Marin value your custom then they'll be at least a discount on offer or a replacement ..

Sure thing, I have been stern but nice so far. There's a few more levels I have in reserve if I am not looked after :twisted:

widowmaker":x3neznrp said:
Muddy paw":x3neznrp said:

Sure thing, I have been stern but nice so far. There's a few more levels I have in reserve if I am not looked after :twisted:

That's just the approach you need these day's otherwise you'll just be ignored by alot of companies just as long as you adhere to the most important rule in these situation's and of course that is " don't stop pestering " as they'll eventually just want you off there back ..

Re:

Update.

I took the bike back to the Marin dealer Friday and he was going to take the forks out and check them over.

He called yesterday and said there was a significant amount of rust inside the forks, Marin are going to send another set which he will inspect thoroughly before accepting them.

He has removed the stem, bottom bracket, seatpost and there is no rust in the frame. So not the ideal start to my Marin Fourcorners ownership but hopefully all's well that ends well.

It's steel. It rusts. If it's from the drainage holes, there is a possibility it got cold enough for it to form condensation inside. Which will start to rust. and if it dose several times it will dribble out the holes. It's the draw back of having steel.

Back