My first build... Xcpro2

Re: My first build...

Update time! Seat wise I gambled on another plastic thingy in the hope it would be softer... It is! Between my fat arse and the increased flex I'm as happy as I'm ever going to be with a 3.50 seat, yay!

In other news the plan is to switch all of the bits from the maxlight over to the pace... I made the mistake of putting the forks on 'for a try out' and reminded myself how much I love this bike. I'll love the pace too... but I'd imagine I've enough love to go round. Who knows what I'll do, i certainly don't! Meanwhile here is the current 'finished' state of things:

2016-10-24_04-01-05 by sonofprent, on Flickr

2016-10-24_04-01-19 by sonofprent, on Flickr

The Maxlight looks great :cool: and looking at it it's no surprise you love how it rides as it just looks like it's going to run really well just looking at it and your a real jammy devil getting a saddle that cheap and it working out nicely as i thought the saying was meant to be " cheap n nasty " when it came down to chinese part's ..

I suppose it took me 2 lots of 3.50 to find the right one!

Looking most like this will more or less stay as is- might switch the crank out to another one to have this one on the pace, but otherwise gears and brakes will stay the same. Not sure on the forks and wheels yet but will probably stay as is.

I'm still not a huge fan of the decals but it's a superb looking bike otherwise.

Well i don't think the decals look to bad tbh and so it cost you £7
to get the saddle that your happy with well not anything to complain about when you consider some people spend 10 times that and still aren't happy with the saddle they have chosen :facepalm: so you've done really well indeed :cool: ..

So other than the cranks being changed over then it will probably stay as it is then and why not if it works so well as it stands plus looks pretty cool into the bargain ;) ..

Yeah, it's a great bike and probably best to keep this as the bouncy one- less risky than throwing the 300 around! I'll keep those carbon rigids on that and have another decent wheelset to go on...

Btw if you want to try the less flexy of the saddles let me know your address and I'll send it on at some point...

Nice one T as i couldn't agree more about keeping the Max bouncy and yes the 300 is probably a more fragile machine but certainly a nice one for getting the power down on the tarmac so what wheelset are you thinking on then and would you be considering tubeless rims for lightness although tbh i've never used any :shock: but don't ask me y not as i dunno :facepalm: ..

tIB":3u8cjxc5 said:
Btw if you want to try the less flexy of the saddles let me know your address and I'll send it on at some point...

You have an inbound pm as i've been meaning try one of these little devils out ;) ..

If I'm honest I don't really understand tubeless- I should probably do some reading though for now I'll he sticking to good old inner tubes. Have the fir rims on xt hubs I bought for the orange (frame/fork now sold) that will either go on this one or the other, maybe grab some more schwalbes.

Tubeless isn't really tubeless :facepalm: err yes that's exactly right :roll: as although their known as tubeless it's actually an innertube with the tyre casing sealed around it then adhered to the rim with sealant rim tape if i remember correctly ...

So the Orange Frameset is now sold :cool: ..
A yes the Firry XT :facepalm: sorry i couldn't ressist but yes their a really decent pair of wheels and will work out excellent on the 300 ;) so what's with the schwalbe choice of tyre's as you seem to have a passion for them where as i just buy what good tyre's i can get good deals on ..

Form over function really- the white line will tie in nicely with the fram! I could switch wheelset over (and tyres) but think the ones I have on already might be a little narrow for the maxlight... I'll have a play when building.

What's the pull with tubeless then- Weight? Durability?

Back