Show us yer FSR's

LOL, just found the service instructions PDF on my hard drive and i was supposed to add 5wt oil to the motion control damper, i think the 20wt engine oil might just be a bit too extreme :D

Ohh well, it will do for now till i pick up some 5wt oil (annoying as i need to buy some 15wt oil for the motorbike forks as well, grrrr)

Update, filled the motion control side up with 5wt oil, the floodgate adjuster was initially REALLY stiff to turn, i also noticed that oil would escape from the adjuster knob on full compression, but this probably was because it may have had a little too much oil inside the damper anyway at this point (i did not hang about waiting ages for the 20wt oil to drain out) i have read that oil leaking from the floodgate adjuster knob is common and easily fixed with a larger o ring, i suspect mine was simply out of position.

Once the floodgate adjuster freed itself, the lockout started working fine, compression damping adjustment is fine (poploc return spring disabled) in fact the entire set of forks is working 100%, they have never lost any pressure, never lost any oil since, and i store the bike upside down in the garage which aparently is a great way to discover if the damper side is leaking oil.

Did a club MTB ride at a trail center, worked perfectly, they remind me a LOT of my old Rebas, which is exactly the kind of fork feeling i wanted

Bargain.

Will try and get a better picture but mine is all finished, all be stripped and re bushed at the back end, tig welded a rear brake bracket on, rebuilt all my brakes new seals, new bottom bracket, cranks, pedals, seat post, bars, and seat

Man, I'm so jelly of all the cool coloured FSR's out there. Mine is a rather ugly black/blue/green colour, wish it was orange or green! Might stickerbomb the shit out of it.

Anyway, I have a question about the headtube.

I just ordered an old Z3 Bomber fork, with only 18 cm steerer tube. Would that fit in my FSR? The current old fork have an insanely long steerer tube (26 cm) The frame is a 17,5. (Is that too big for me? I'm only 1,70 m)

Attachments

• 10411161_10152507111394313_2336005686956936610_n.jpg
    10411161_10152507111394313_2336005686956936610_n.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,922
  • 10690138_10153057155829313_6127146403903769256_n.jpg
    10690138_10153057155829313_6127146403903769256_n.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,922
H all,I have a bit of a dilemma. Im new to full sussers but have bought a 2007FSR XC COMP as a bit of a project.The link had snapped,so I found another,the bearings are shot,so I have some coming,the shock is buggered,so I found another.I am now on the last quest before I can send her off to be painted.Problem is the BB cable guide is missing.And I cant figure out how the rear gear cable goes from lever to frame,then no outer and back to cable with outer down the chain stay. Am I right in saying the the BB guide has a stop,so the bare cable goes into this and then comes back out again with the outer on it?
If anyone could show my a picture,or a link,or has the correct guide they could sell me please let me know.

Many thanks.Eric.

electronicaeric":2w9npb7z said:
H all,I have a bit of a dilemma. Im new to full sussers but have bought a 2007FSR XC COMP as a bit of a project.The link had snapped,so I found another,the bearings are shot,so I have some coming,the shock is buggered,so I found another.I am now on the last quest before I can send her off to be painted.Problem is the BB cable guide is missing.And I cant figure out how the rear gear cable goes from lever to frame,then no outer and back to cable with outer down the chain stay. Am I right in saying the the BB guide has a stop,so the bare cable goes into this and then comes back out again with the outer on it?
If anyone could show my a picture,or a link,or has the correct guide they could sell me please let me know.

Many thanks.Eric.
Best get pics of your frame up and stick it in the 1998--> section.

Re: Re:

electronicaeric":29akhw2s said:
Sorry my bad.I thought this thread was in the 98> section.

Will do. :D

no - thats my bad - this is the 1998---> section of the website - i meant to say the bike chat 1998---> section - if you start a new thread, it will get more views and comments that way :) pics always help though :xmas-wink:

Back