Assistance from anyone near Buntingford please? MC content

incorrigible

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Originally posted in Bike Chat 1998 (Mods: sorry if I goofed)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193247319799

A nice MC Rumble in UK, but seller doesn't want to ship abroad.

Can someone in UK help me get this back home to the States?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

• MC Rumble.jpg
    MC Rumble.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 1,561
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

MCsanandreas":18xsu186 said:
That's nice! I have two Rumbles in my collection. Do you just want the frame or the complete bike?
Complete bike would be great! You could pack the wheels in one box and the bike in another box, and even though it would be pricey to ship, it would be outrageously expensive to ship the entire bike in one box (IMO).

I would be indebted to you if you could score this one for me, and naturally, I'd be more than happy to repay the favor.

Thanks very much!

I'll PM you with my contact info.

Cheers,
Frank

Minifreak":etyn6ukh said:
Happy to help if required, I’m not local so would need delivery to mine first in Wiltshire.
PM'd

legrandefromage":etyn6ukh said:
I'm not far from there if you need help.
Wow! I'm overwhelmed by the sudden outpouring of help!

If you could pick it up directly, that would save on one leg of the shipping journey. I could cover fuel costs if needed. It sounds like you would be the best choice (and of course, the most experienced Retrobiker I know of). I've bought from you before, so just let me know how you want to proceed.

Thanks to all, and I hope this doesn't get confusing. I'd hate to see 3 guys show up at seller's doorstep, all tugging on the bike and claiming ownership. :LOL:

I'll PM you my details also.

Again, many, many thanks!

incorrigible":1hxm7z44 said:
Minifreak":1hxm7z44 said:
Happy to help if required, I’m not local so would need delivery to mine first in Wiltshire.
PM'd

legrandefromage":1hxm7z44 said:
I'm not far from there if you need help.
Wow! I'm overwhelmed by the sudden outpouring of help!

If you could pick it up directly, that would save on one leg of the shipping journey. I could cover fuel costs if needed. It sounds like you would be the best choice (and of course, the most experienced Retrobiker I know of). I've bought from you before, so just let me know how you want to proceed.

Thanks to all, and I hope this doesn't get confusing. I'd hate to see 3 guys show up at seller's doorstep, all tugging on the bike and claiming ownership. :LOL:

I'll PM you my details also.

Again, many, many thanks!

No worries! Looks like I am furthest from the seller but if I can help I will try.

Re:

Well, it looks ike seller will accept collection only. It's in his description early on, but I was obviously temporarily distracted by the beauty of this bike and I tripped over my own saliva whilst drooling profusely. :oops:

I was trying to make plans based on the "Postage" area of his listing (see attached).

So, unless someone lives near seller, I'll have to retract my bid and let this one go. :(

A big heap of thanks to all who stepped up here, and please don't hesitate to ask for favors in the future; i'll be there for you.

Cheers to all,
Frank

Attachments

• auction.jpg
    auction.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 1,441
legrandefromage":3p8f9aj7 said:
I'm still here, you will just have to transfer some funds in my direction
My apologies. I obviously got my wires crossed. I thought it was near to you for shipping, but far for actually collecting. I must be getting older than I thought :oops: :facepalm: .

Seller will let me bid and pay directly if someone can collect, so I can let him know that you'll be the guy. If I win the auction, I can send you his address, and I'll try to get his phone number as well. Likewise, I could pass your info on to him so you guys can coordinate.

Whew! It looks like I can make this happen! Fingers crossed!

LGF, my response immediately above.
I don't know how that happened unless I temporarily went back into time.
Should I time-travel again, I'll be sure to purchase lottery tickets for all.

Latest posts

Back