Pace RC200 - A question of sport styley

saladodger

Retro Guru
Having given up on my passion for buying parts and selling bikes at a ridiculous loss about a year ago I still harboured a desire to own a Pace RC200/RC300.... it's where I started many moons ago.

Anyway to my shock one came up on Gumtree/EBay so I offered the £700 asking price and was told the seller wanted the eBay auction to run, it was £250 at the time and no reserve. Anyway I won, at £545.....seller obv thinking he'd get more. Yippee! Whoop-whoop! Got one! I paid immediately of course........

Guess what happened next....?

Is that the one in Derby? Have they refunded your purchase as it's no longer available?

tIB, no offer to accept. He'd/She'd turned down the £700 choosing to run the eBay auction instead.
Yes it's the one in Derby, mickleover to be exact. I got my money refunded but that is slim-pickings. Whatever happened to honesty and integrity?
"I've just noticed that my wife has thrown some boxes on top of the bike and the frame is bent".......at least make it sound credible ffs.
Then a dog ran on the pitch, so topmarks LC!

Mickleover ain't what it used to be. Classic eBaying- seller wants an auction but one where they get over a certain amount, although doesn't want to use eBay's reserve function to ensure that presumably because it adds more to their cut. At least they will have to pay the seller fees, unless the item is broke thing cancels that out.

I have that frame in large- was watching to see how it went, and then got temoted to throw a bid in when it was changed to 18".

The seller was allowed to cancel the sale, which I didn't think could happen without good reason, i.e. Buyer accepts cancellation request, which did not happen. Seems eBay ain't what it used to be. Whatever happened to their "you are entering into a legal agreement....."? Que sera!

If you declare it broken I don't think it matters- his excuse will be the same one given to eBay.

Back