Hei Hei 18” U.K. e-Bay

Pipmeister

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This is likely to be 1999 as the seller states that the frame originally had the red painted front end, which was the livery that year.

The serial number pre-fix is KH which would be a 1998 or 1999 model – I believe no 2000 Hei Hei frames were produced – well I’m yet to see one anyway!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kona-Hei-Hei- ... Swl9BWI7DK

Pip.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I had assumed that those painted Headtubes on the 1999 Hei Hei & King Kahuna were on top of a shot peened surface. This was because I had seen it twice on a couple of frames - one of which I had tried to buy.

The examples below demonstrate why I though this:

99%20Hei%20hei_16_zpsoux7txrn.jpg

99%20Hei%20hei_finish_zpsu41srw2v.jpg

Hei%20Hei%2099red_zpstafeqdut.jpg

Pip

It might be nothing, but repeated bidding in big chunks near the end...plus it's gone for way more money than other, much nicer examples.

Re:

Regarding the bidding looking a little odd, I thought that initially. I bid just over £200 out of curiosity (I've been tempted to sell my own Hei Hei frame and was wondering what the going rate was ) and was surprised how quickly the price jumped up with just a few bids. I've just looked again and clicked the show automatic bids icon and it all seems in order.

Back