Post Codes

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Once again while writing out the addresses for my ebay buyers i come across the usual problem where people write their post code as a single line of text, no spaces.
eg ll999gh
This could be either ll9 99gh or it could just as easily be ll99 9gh. 2 very different addresses.
The parcel goes to the wrong place and its a world of hassles. Could very easily lost completely and i'd be force to refund them.
I usually ebay mail them to get a correct code and i tell you it takes a monumental effort for me not to lose the rag at them :LOL: a simple thing but come on, how long have we been looking , reading and writing postcodes ?? To get it worng :facepalm:

Whoever has an ebay account(im guessing nearly all of you) Can you please check the address is written correctly and all the spaces where they should be

Thank You :)

Im adding this to all the ebay threads to try to get it across the board.

I'm pretty sure that the 2nd part of the code is always one number and 2 letters…..

In other words your example can only be ll99 9gh.

Something to do with sectors 0-9. . . . . .Of course I am happy to be corrected. :LOL:

the_duke":3n09j7ok said:
I'm pretty sure that the 2nd part of the code is always one number and 2 letters…..

In other words your example can only be ll99 9gh.

Something to do with sectors 0-9. . . . . .Of course I am happy to be corrected. :LOL:

The Duke is correct, as postcodes always end with one single number and two letters. Alternatively you could always use Google, type in both postcodes and it will then provide you with the street name. If the name matches one of the postcodes you can omit the other one by process of elimination. The things that really wind me up is when they ignore the use of Capital letters at the start of each new line of their address, the over use of commas, when they feel the need to fill in their whole address on one single line or the simple fact that they are unable to even spell their own street name, village or town correctly.

Kind Regards

Liam

I always double check the postcode on google maps to see if the address matches up. Also always use the PayPal address and not eBay so you're covered.

I never trust eBay or PayPal lol so I'll stick to the verified one :) but that's good to know for future reference.

I had a chargeback last week as someone called 'Agnes Flucker' claimed their credit card had been stolen.
I had used the eBay address and because I had proof of posting (seven months later) PayPal covered the chargeback!

Back