Fraudulent Listings???

markwoo

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/kellie9981/m. ... 7675.l2562

Came across a listing for 2011 Orange Five that was local and still at £500 with only 14hrs to go...(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orange-Five-P ... 2c7141d30e) too good to be true I thought? The following facts would indicate so:

1. Selling 6 bikes at the same time
2. No previous history of bike sales
3. Backgrounds in images all different
4. At least 3 of the listings have been copied from previously completed/unsold listings, with any notable damage or undesirable sizings left out
5. All are 1-day listings
6. Not accepting collections

Is it just me being untrusting...or does this stink of the seller planning on doing a runner after receiving all the funds...?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
They do want payment by Paypal, which isn't usually the fraudsters payment of choice. I know it seems strange, but the account may well belong to a bike shop employee or the partner of one. The pics could all be from the previous owners who part exed their bikes with the bike shop.

markwashington":3ji2m8zd said:
They do want payment by Paypal, which isn't usually the fraudsters payment of choice. I know it seems strange, but the account may well belong to a bike shop employee or the partner of one. The pics could all be from the previous owners who part exed their bikes with the bike shop.

Yeah true, maybe I'm being a bit hasty...I had to message them about the size of the Orange. But in the original listing that I later discovered it was clearly stated in the title and description. There was also marks on the swingarm and other damage that was noted. This new seller has left all of this info out, which is a bit odd considering that they copied and pasted everything else.

this is the first feedback :roll:
Item did not exist. Paid money, given the run around. It's a fraud. Buyer beware
very strange

that first negative feedback you mention was from the STW buyer I believe, so after the horse had bolted so to speak

hi guys, this bike was originally my mates bike, he had sold ris orange bike previously, and he has got in contact with the buyer and they are working together to help find this scammer, REMEMBER!!! when buying a bike for this much money go and see the bike before and check it exists!!!!!!

Back