Kona Kilauea 2001 18"

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SS:GB:1123

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these a bit on the rare side? Aside from some wear on the rear triangle the frame looks in good condition. An odd mix of parts but re-reading this: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=167659&hilit=kilauea

I was assured of its pedigree (and rarity actually Kona stopped making high end steelies around then, then reintroduced the Kilauea as a Double butted lightweight steel to fill a gap after the Explosif and Cindercone went “exotic”).

and

I’ve got to stretch my head back a bit on this one. As I recall the Kilauea was the result of not having a steel frame here that was in the nicer category for folks who wanted to build it up themselves. It came up late in the season after show time after the shops had reviewed the lineup and saw there was not much steel to be had.

The top, seat, and down tubes are double butted but I couldn’t tell you exactly where those butts are, but is lighter than the Lava Dome as the tubes are thinner and there are more butts so less material. I don’t think that frame is the same as the Lava, geometry yes but under the paint no.

it's probably worth it!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back