Cheap Avid BB7 calipers

S-M

Retro Guru
This is nothing to do with me, although i paid for some yesterday and wont be able to update until they arrive from Hong Kong.

This seller accepted £44.99 for the front & rear pair yesterday which is as cheap as i could find them anywhere.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110904285771? ... 1497.l2649

A UK seller on ebay wants £37.99 just for one.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I bought a complete set (avid speed dial levers, calipers, disks, pads) from hong Kong last year ... They arrived 2 weeks later quite badly packaged, the components were wrapped in the instructions like screwed-up newspaper !

However, all ended up well, they were genuine and work (and look) fine.

The amount I saved I'd do it again

Only another week or so till they should arrive and i can check, the chinese tracking information on eBay never seams to work for me, even if i try to use china post tracking websites, so i have no idea where they actually are.

Had this problem before with china post tracking numbers.

Anyone tried Fibica_com, also from HK?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-2012-Avid ... 2ec19333aa

They've got BB7 with HS1 160mm rotors at £54.49. And may be worth a go, but have concerns they may be shinky copies. Hope though they're out the back door of the factory, or at least the tradesmen's entrance...

Though I've just noticed CyclingHK (as posted by OP) do them best offer too...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avid-BB7-Mech ... 19d2cfc157

Maybe I'll wait until OP confirms they arrived and are good.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Should be picking these up from the post office tomorrow as i was at work when they were delivered, so i will update soon :)

Spot on!

Arrived packaged in a well taped box, inside the two callipers were wrapped apart in bubble wrap, and 4 new locating bolts with threadlock were also inside the box in a plastic bag.

They have a date stamp of 23AUG12T

One calliper has a 0mm IS mount and the other has a 20mm IS mount the same as pictured in the photos.

Cant wait to get them fitted to the bike for a test run, they are my first set of BB7`s and will be replacing some Tektro IOX callipers i recently broke, the quality seams FAR better than the Tektro callipers, although i bet they dont work as nice as the Elixer R`s i had on my old Boardman!

Thanks for that update S-M.

I am keen to get some for a current build. I already have them on another bike and really rate them, though that's a roughish tourer, not an MTB.

This is good news. Cheers.

My bid of £47 for front and rear with HS1 rotors, normally £57 was rejected, so I went to make a bigger offer and saw that this way didn't include p&p, so went with BIN, which did. Still great saving over buying in Europe.

My tip!

I ordered my set from the same seller (fibica_store) via the US ebay, which with the exchange rate, I paid around £45 for the full set. Plus, I got the calipers with the rotors and sold them for £10 for the pair so I essentially got a set of BB7's for £35!

Back