Nice Dekerf

Mmm... :?

An SST with no cable stops, and Paragon sliders,, which weren't offered as an option on the SST ?
The dropout/ stay joints aren't particularly sleek and tidy either...

suburbanreuben":38z2b2kb said:
Mmm... :?

An SST with no cable stops, and Paragon sliders,, which weren't offered as an option on the SST ?
The dropout/ stay joints aren't particularly sleek and tidy either...

Paragon sliders are an option on an SST at +CAD475. No cable stops...why not, just tell Chris you do not want any.

I think the joins are okay...hard to really tell as the pictures are not that great (reflection) and it looks like the frame needs a clean.

Anyway...it will be mine :LOL:

Sorry Carl, but that just does not look like Chris's handywork. If it is, then he has seriously gone down in my estimation. Tacking the dropouts to the outside of the stays is not his, or any other top frame builders', way of doing it. This can only be a later conversion, where the stays are at the right spacing for normal dropouts, but too narrow for the paragons.
I asked the seller about this a few days ago, but he hasn't replied yet...

This is how Chas does it;
I can't find a pic of Chris's but they are similar.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertscycles/4272429418/

Keeping an occasional eye out for a dekerf I watched this thread. I have to say the ebay bike looks like the droputs aren't even on straight and would be more inline with a cheap budget bike.

As always though good to see the right information out there to help others

I don't know...I think it may be just a trick of the light. Look at the first picture and concentrate on the non-drive drop-out. That looks to be where is should be, not tacked on

But look at the 3rd pic. It looks like blobby little welds. Have you seen anything like that on any of your Dekerfs?
Ask the seller for better pics to allay your/my fears.

Back