Pace rc104 frames £395 @ CRC!

I've just bought one as I had a voucher to use as well so couldn't resist, my advice would be to steer clear :?

Paint isn't very nice, actually I'd go as far as saying its the worst paint I've seen on any frame I've ever bought :?

Chrome looks bad already so is going to look terrible once it starts getting chipped :?

Cable routing looks horrible :?

But the worst bit of all is that a frame Pace say is XC specific and are only confident enough to give a 2 year warranty on is getting on for 6lbs for a medium :shock:

I'm still keeping it though :LOL:

To add a little balance .....

The frame is an out and out XC frame designed around a four inch (five max) travel fork.

Cable routing is evident before purchase and IMHO is good.

Paint on my 2012 has none of the issues mentioned above.

Only finishing issue I had was before installing the BB the shell needed chasing and facing.

Regarding the warranty do you really expect more than 2 years from a low volume manufacturer?

My XL black frame with Hope headset, Hope seatclamp, 410 Thomson post and Pace BB weighs 6lb 8 on a park tools scale. If you took the metal HT badge and brass frame number plack off that would drop some weight. I think for a large steel frame with sliding dropouts the weight is okay. My 853 Pipedream Sirius was a similar weight without the additional brazing the 104 has.

Weight didnt matter to much to me as I have slapped an Alfine hub in the back anyway!

Less than £395 too

letmetalktomark":3k78m0w8 said:
To add a little balance .....

Regarding the warranty do you really expect more than 2 years from a low volume manufacturer?

Not really ;) I was trying to make the point that as it is an out and out XC frame, I thought it would either be lighter or as they've built it like a tank they'd have a bit more confidence in their product :?

Don't get me wrong I do like it and at the price I paid I'm happy to keep it but if I'd paid full price it would have gone back ;)

Ive had my heart set on one of these for a while now and was all set for buying one soon but am having second thoughts now. especially when the only place i can get a white size small is direct from pace and its bloody £695! :evil:

Oooooh... Mines a belter!!! Cable'ins a pain in the arse but once in, no drama. The best bit about the RC104 is... The ride! It's heavier than the RC300 it replaced but is far more sure footed and is as nimble as the Litespeed I had before that. The paint on mine has had some hammer since I've had it and it's as sparkly as the day it rocked up. No complaints, pig in erm
:D

Jones - with you all the way.

Had I have paid full rrp I would have been a little disappointed.

I almost bought one two years ago instead of my Soul but at the last minutes went with the longer travel Soul. Best frame ever!

Still looking forward to building it up.

BB is a nice piece of kit though.

Looking for some Pace suspension forks now.

Back