GT "Golden Bike" Zaskar

Not really vintage. 2009 plastic fantastic from a company that has lost its soul.

cchris2lou":130gi1lb said:
saw it in the flesh at MM in 2009 , it is actually a nice bike .

Probably good riders but no place on this website. They just remind me of these things that are found in almost every minicab:

tissueboxblue.jpg

Tacky, gaudy, made in the far east and do nothing to improve on the original form.

pete_mcc":2r46g61i said:
cchris2lou":2r46g61i said:
saw it in the flesh at MM in 2009 , it is actually a nice bike .

Probably good riders but no place on this website. They just remind me of these things that are found in almost every minicab:

Tacky, gaudy, made in the far east and do nothing to improve on the original form.

If we got rid of all the bikes that one person or another thought had no place on this website, it would be half the size.

Of course it looks 'tacky' and 'gaudy', its painted gold! But then it wouldn't be a special bike if it wasn't.

This is a very limited edition bike that was never available for general sale and (like it or not) because of that is destined to be a valuable rarity in the future.

I think that the recent themed BOTM competition has shown that 'made in the Far East' isn't actually a bad thing.

I'm a 'retro' Zaskar fan having owned one from new in 1993 and I think that the new carbon versions are great, a perfect evolution.

Russell":1asvf3lg said:
If we got rid of all the bikes that one person or another thought had no place on this website, it would be half the size.

Oh, I see. 2009 bikes are now fine on a retro bike website and in a pre-1997 section of that website?

It has nothing to do with 'one persons thought', it's how this website is designed. Plastic 2009 bikes should either be in the post '98 section or on STW.

Well yes, actually 2009 bikes are fine on this site, hence the appropriate sections for them.

So your issue really is that it was posted in the wrong section of the site?

OK, I'll PM a mod and ask them to move it and that way you don't have to look at it again and others can have a more constructive discussion.

Back