hate it when this happens.

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Obviously got an offer for an off eBay deal. Thing is the ridiculous fees you get hammered with as a seller this is happening more and more.

BertR00t":3t73wc8d said:
Obviously got an offer for an off eBay deal. Thing is the ridiculous fees you get hammered with as a seller this is happening more and more.
+1

that's why it's always worth sending a message to the seller before the end of the sale

Whenever one sells good on ebay you receive messages from punters asking if they can buy now. If you tell them how much you want and they agree then you may as well pull the auction as the fees these days are getting silly. As tinitin says, if you are serious contact the seller and let them know of your interest.

i guess if something juicy comes up on ebay it seems the only way to get it is by going outside ebay. tough on honest people.

Totally disagree with selling off ebay - if you don't like the fees, don't list. Simple as. The fees are transparent, you know what you are getting into so pay the fees or don't bother.
If, as a seller you know the price you want, do a BIN and have done with it, saves pi55ing geniune bidders off if you are going to do a deal off eBay.... :evil:
I sell a lot of vinyl on eBay, thousands of items. I never do deals off eBay and my regular customers know they can trust me. When I list an item, it runs to the end - highest bidder wins. I pay the fees becuase I know I can't get a similar price by selling elsewhere.
I can't say I like paying the fees, but I'm grown up enough to know the score - eBay has cornered the market and everyone goes there...... :(

Latest posts

Back