Hei Hei [U.S. e-Bay]

Pipmeister

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
As far as I’m aware, the Hei Hei was not officially produced in 2000 (as claimed in the advert), although I believe there is rumour to the contrary.

I asked for the serial number as the picture is poor, and received the reply KH19145. The highest KH prefix serial number that I have previously seen is KH18104 – the one that was for sale in Greenland.

This taken from another thread discussing an early 90's B prefix Hei Hei:

andrewl":39am0vi7 said:
There is some conjecture as to whether the last three digits are the number produced in that size or in total. As I'm yet to see any two Hei Hei frames with the same last three digits I'm leaning towards it being the 374 Hei Hei produced in total (especially as I seriously doubt that 374+ 20" Hei Heis were produced before the bullet dropouts were introduced.

If you work on a production of 100-150 Hei Hei frames per year (my estimate only) then 374 would have it in the 93 region or at least MY93 so maybe call it MY93 and be rubbery on when it actually came out of the factory.

I’m now thinking that this KH prefix example could be one of the last produced?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Pip

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back