What's this road bike £199 BIN...? Any good?

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I know nothing about road bikes...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLUE-HANDBUILT-RA ... dZViewItem

9ac5_1.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That frame looks larger than the 22" he's saying it is, but if it's anywhere near that size then it won't fit you - you'll need something around the 25" size from memory of your posts about the Diablo.

I don't know much about the frame, but it looks like it was nice once. Looks like it was stored in a damp shed though. The parts hanging off it are a complete mixed bag, with no stars. Given (thread on STW) you can get quite a nice Decathlon road bike brand new for that sort of money, I wouldn't bother with it unless you were close enough to pay about £100 and collect it for free. I'm a fan of retro road bikes, but that's just a bit of a shed, and technology has moved on. For something retro for retro's sake, see the deeply lovely Koga Miyata road bike posted on here yesterday for similar money (still too small for you though).

Back