Ebay: Specialized FSR 1991

Time Traveller

I'm no sunday antiques expert - but I can't see it being made in '91....

Neil

PS. looks in mint condition though - didn't know you could get an Alps serviced these days.

I was't sure about the date but you could use that to lever a deal.
Thought i'd seen one floating on here in the gallery.

certainly interesting.

she could be a 93, but more likely a 94 with that shock. worth a fortune. first rear suspension that worked properly and all that...... ;)

I don't know if the graphics on the Specialized bikes imported to the UK at that time differed from those in the US, but I do know the US 1994 S-Works FSR was red with yellow graphics. I've a 1995 S-works Team FSR and the graphics are the same as the frame on auction with the exception that my 1995 has a solid white Specialized logo (like that in the pic below). Could it be a 1995 UK version or a 1996?

Unfortunately the stated frame size also appears to be incorrect: the rather tall (for steel) head tube gives it away as a 20" or 21.5" frame. The 16.5", 18" and 19" frames all shared the exact same geometry with the exception of differing top tube lengths. The frame being auctioned definitely has a taller head tube than the 18" frame pictured below. It's certainly no medium.

Below is a pic and geometry for an 18" from a 1995 MBA review.

Attachments

• Specialized FSR Team, MBA June95_Page_2_Image_0001.jpg
    Specialized FSR Team, MBA June95_Page_2_Image_0001.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 1,769
By the way, here's a pic of my 16.5" 1995 Specialized S-works Team for comparison. You can see the only apparent difference between this frame and the frame pictured in the MBA review is a slightly shorter top tube.

Attachments

• Zeros95SWorksFSR.jpg
    Zeros95SWorksFSR.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,767
Johnny Come Lately FSR

I agree with Mr. Zero - probably as late as a '96 (and therefore one of the last made before the monocoque FSRs came in) - I have a '95 Team and that has a Fox Alps 4R shock with the solid Specialized lettering. I would guess the measurer has gone with the length of the seat post tube to call it a 17" - a bit misleading.

Neil

Back