very weird FAT

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ads like that really put me off bidding.

Who is it for? If you are going to bid on a Fat, you would know. If not, no one would bid on a random bike at that price.

diretribe like that makes me more suspicious of item..

this was up before wasn't it? I remember the videos - somebody flagged it up on this forum...

In truth, the bike is a wreck!

A total mix mash of parts...STX with Rollercams :roll:

The only truly salvagable pieces are the frame/fork and the front rollercam, the rest is suited to be tossed in the bin ATMO.

Even then, you're looking at a full resto to correct the finish.

I guess what I find most ironic is his claim that the condition is only surpassed by an NOS piece...wtf? I guess every "show car quality paint" presents with multiple scratches/gouges/irregularities. :?

Sorry for the rant...like Gump, I guess I get pissed by sellers intentionally misleading/misrepresenting items for greater profit...UGGH!

still grumbly but feeling better,

rody

Yeah this is the second time this guy has tried to get this off his hands. I posted it before, just to show everyone the video.

the auction bugs me, but the guy has disclosed its a Wicked and not a Yo. Nevermind, SteveK already pointed this out.

I bet the way its set up now, it rides like rubbish.

stevek":3i9ratf3 said:
To be fair he does say in the title and description that it is a Wicked with Yo decals.

That it also says Wicked in the title doesn't say anything to me, as it is the place were sellers normally put many words were people will search for.

In the actual ad it does say "Team FAT CHANCE Yo Eddy" very huge ...and I never read explicitely it is no Yo, but a Wicked with Yo decals ...BUT I have to admit I didn't read the whole immense story

I think this listing is a great example of how one should not do it. What he offered is wrong, how he spec is wrong, the ad is wrong ...though he spent probably a lot time on it.

Although the advert is tediously long and unnecesarilly detailed, at the heart of that bike is still a decent frame thats worth upgrading.

So a Fat is only worth having if its dripping in M900 and such jewellery is it? Who's to say the spec is wrong? The guys t Fat Chance would have been the first to say that a bike should express your personality and be individual to others.

Bit of bike snobbery creeping in here I think!

Somebody will get a bargain because others, who can't see through the STX mish mash, won't bid.

Not snobbery Russel,

It's just that you should not advertise a VW as if it were a Rolls Royce. (Note, nothing wrong with VW's as I own one and I think they are tops...)

As I stated before, the frame/fork and rollercam are the bits to have, the rest is fine kit...just not worthy of the accolades with which he expounds upon it. More propagated hype than reality.

I believe that an item description should be accurate and fair...two words that tend to get a bit diluted in this particular case.

BTW...I do not own a single bit of M900, call that retro snobbery, but it's just not my thing.

cheers,

rody

Latest posts

Back