Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:44 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:09 am 
Newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:56 pm
Posts: 3
i have been quite amazed to read the absolute childish and uncalled for attack on jjpusser. i have come onto this forum and site to find out more about bikes from knowledgeable people... NOT to read a load of egotistical and uncalled for remarks such as those made by dr s.
Dr s...you have made it apparent that your extensive knowledge of bikes has taken up all your brain cells and you have forgotten how to be a decent human being.
i expect a post from you now, slating my response and probably getting personal.. but who are you anyway?? i really dont want to know and certainly do not care!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old Goat
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:24 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 1:22 am
Posts: 27
Location: Tri State
J. J. Pusser wrote:
In light that Dr S has free reign to say anything and everything, mostly negative, on topic or not. He spews hate, mis-quotes, disregards facts. Nobody every attacked Dr.S, in any manner for his pompous personality and words. He is an easy target...but I have more manners,..maybe that is a tradition England is at risk of losing. Wonder why. I have no affiliation to BNP, asked on this forum earlier, quite frankly I have read some items that I may agree on, and many I disagree on.

But an Avator/Location is "fantasy", as I pointed out in an earlier post, just look at the other "fantasy" member's "Avatar/Locations" that are allowed.

Dr. S was called on his negative words and invalid conclusions. What was flushed out was something else and now he doesn't know how to put the genie back in the bottle. So he contiunes spew more of the same, as to his incorrect conclusions concerning the description in the Ebay auction of a vintage Mountain Goat Deluxe.


What I have read on the Mountain Goat in question. Is that some accessories were purchased in later years such as the Titanium Brake Booster from Odyssey or the Marzocchi front suspension fork. Dr. S distortions just keep sinking him further into the bogs. His original comparison to his "Super" Goat purchase and to the Sexy Goat was a sham, just some ego expressions, he never thought would be challenged. Based on his posts, just a person bent on reverse discrimination and willing to shove it down somebody's gullet on this forum.

If as Dr S indicates, Retrobike is a world community, then a person's locaton as to their contribution is not relevant. That is why so many members use Location to put some humor, or banner not to be considered part of their posts. Just some humor.

If the the astute Gov'nor and Dr S take an honest look at Jolly Jack Pusser's image or become more familiar with a close up on google. You will see someone, a sailor, slighly tipsy at best, maybe missing a few marbles. From what, I'm not sure, maybe to many days at sea in combinaton with a daily ration of rum. So if you are going to equate the avatar with the previous Fantasy location, England for English BNP, it doesn't bode well for BNP, and would be congruent with Dr S. position - minus the hatred.

It starts with kind thoughts and words....Oh might you be above that... wonder why.


You seem to be putting forth a great deal of effort to create these rambling, passive-aggressive diatribes. Your very first post reveals your true nature. You are a deceptive person and your credibility was shot with the nonsense quoted below.

J. J. Pusser wrote:
WOW !! I'm going to offer my girl to get this thing....

Appears to be a one off show bike...

What's with all the rubbishing on price? 5000 ...average cost of of top quality bike these days...Road or MTB.

Maybe the seller should be pilloried for not selling the freelander (Discovery) ...he should know better and keep the bike !

Give some respect ... some opinions seem to be a load of old Tosh ....who's arguing...just make your best offer mate..!”.


You’d have been quite content to drum up interest in your auction until Dr. S. rattled your cage. Since then your mask has slipped as you waver between attacking Dr. S. and trying to sell your bike. Your embracing of a fascist organization in a foreign country (have you even BEEN to England?) and then subsequent backing down:

J. J. Pusser wrote:
He spews hate, mis-quotes, disregards facts. Nobody every attacked Dr.S, in any manner for his pompous personality and words. He is an easy target...but I have more manners,..maybe that is a tradition England is at risk of losing. Wonder why. I have no affiliation to BNP, asked on this forum earlier, quite frankly I have read some items that I may agree on, and many I disagree on.”.


If Dr. S. is as vile as you suggest shouldn't he be your new hero? You make him sound like a BNP posterboy! Don’t worry though, it’s not as if this last flip-flop could hurt your already non-existent credibility.

As for the bike, I couldn't see myself spending even half that much on a bike twice as rare. I have a full Record OR build-kit sitting in my basement. If I put it on a trek antelope is the trek worth four grand?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:29 am 
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:58 am
Posts: 7
Location: Ex-Patriots for England
From Admin Gov'ner John,

What we do care about is you suggesting an affinity to a far right groups whose views are unacceptale to most.
Quote:


Response to Gov'nor,
I have never expressed any affinity with BNP. No more affinity than the other members have expressed affinity with their avatars.

Sir I tried to be a positive contributer to the forum. I noticed that you allowed lAvatars and Locations to be Fantasy.

On this forum thread one member uses is a maniacal homicidal murderer, as an avatar - does that mean that member is advocating murder, contract killing and mayhem. I don't think so. You allowed "fight club" as a location, does that mean that member is advocating illegal blood sports - I don't think so.
Why do you not interpret their Avatar / Locations as you are allowing Dr. S to interpret mine. Plain hypocritical or are you fellows just pals...

Nothing different than other members. If you judge BNP a fringe group, how is manaical murders, or blood sports not also fringe. I notice another member asking a good question I'll make an effort to contibute in a positive mannor. Some other members do see a value that might come from my knowledge of vintage bikes or equipment


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Old Goat
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:35 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:16 pm
Posts: 9939
Location: ÜberUnderbidder
al415 wrote:
J. J. Pusser wrote:
In light that Dr S has free reign to say anything and everything, mostly negative, on topic or not. He spews hate, mis-quotes, disregards facts. Nobody every attacked Dr.S, in any manner for his pompous personality and words. He is an easy target...but I have more manners,..maybe that is a tradition England is at risk of losing. Wonder why. I have no affiliation to BNP, asked on this forum earlier, quite frankly I have read some items that I may agree on, and many I disagree on.

But an Avator/Location is "fantasy", as I pointed out in an earlier post, just look at the other "fantasy" member's "Avatar/Locations" that are allowed.

Dr. S was called on his negative words and invalid conclusions. What was flushed out was something else and now he doesn't know how to put the genie back in the bottle. So he contiunes spew more of the same, as to his incorrect conclusions concerning the description in the Ebay auction of a vintage Mountain Goat Deluxe.


What I have read on the Mountain Goat in question. Is that some accessories were purchased in later years such as the Titanium Brake Booster from Odyssey or the Marzocchi front suspension fork. Dr. S distortions just keep sinking him further into the bogs. His original comparison to his "Super" Goat purchase and to the Sexy Goat was a sham, just some ego expressions, he never thought would be challenged. Based on his posts, just a person bent on reverse discrimination and willing to shove it down somebody's gullet on this forum.

If as Dr S indicates, Retrobike is a world community, then a person's locaton as to their contribution is not relevant. That is why so many members use Location to put some humor, or banner not to be considered part of their posts. Just some humor.

If the the astute Gov'nor and Dr S take an honest look at Jolly Jack Pusser's image or become more familiar with a close up on google. You will see someone, a sailor, slighly tipsy at best, maybe missing a few marbles. From what, I'm not sure, maybe to many days at sea in combinaton with a daily ration of rum. So if you are going to equate the avatar with the previous Fantasy location, England for English BNP, it doesn't bode well for BNP, and would be congruent with Dr S. position - minus the hatred.

It starts with kind thoughts and words....Oh might you be above that... wonder why.


You seem to be putting forth a great deal of effort to create these rambling, passive-aggressive diatribes. Your very first post reveals your true nature. You are a deceptive person and your credibility was shot with the nonsense quoted below.

J. J. Pusser wrote:
WOW !! I'm going to offer my girl to get this thing....

Appears to be a one off show bike...

What's with all the rubbishing on price? 5000 ...average cost of of top quality bike these days...Road or MTB.

Maybe the seller should be pilloried for not selling the freelander (Discovery) ...he should know better and keep the bike !

Give some respect ... some opinions seem to be a load of old Tosh ....who's arguing...just make your best offer mate..!”.


You’d have been quite content to drum up interest in your auction until Dr. S. rattled your cage. Since then your mask has slipped as you waver between attacking Dr. S. and trying to sell your bike. Your embracing of a fascist organization in a foreign country (have you even BEEN to England?) and then subsequent backing down:

J. J. Pusser wrote:
He spews hate, mis-quotes, disregards facts. Nobody every attacked Dr.S, in any manner for his pompous personality and words. He is an easy target...but I have more manners,..maybe that is a tradition England is at risk of losing. Wonder why. I have no affiliation to BNP, asked on this forum earlier, quite frankly I have read some items that I may agree on, and many I disagree on.”.


If Dr. S. is as vile as you suggest shouldn't he be your new hero? You make him sound like a BNP posterboy! Don’t worry though, it’s not as if this last flip-flop could hurt your already non-existent credibility.

As for the bike, I couldn't see myself spending even half that much on a bike twice as rare. I have a full Record OR build-kit sitting in my basement. If I put it on a trek antelope is the trek worth four grand?


Alastair! How have you been? I emailed you a little while ago :)

Really looking forward to seeing that OR build-kit on the Fat...I've done nothing with the brown bomber...but they're plans 8)
Drop a line when you have a chance...cheers.

regarding the thread; John said it best, pure Troll job, though it did get me at first...not many Trolls on Retrobike...thankfully :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:38 am 
Newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:56 pm
Posts: 3
i think you have hit the nail on the head..
definately pals!! otherwise so much time would not have been wasted on treating you so badly this evening. goodnight and goodluck with the bike


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:45 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 1:22 am
Posts: 27
Location: Tri State
Hi Rob,
I'm well thanks. I just realized that was my first post. Sorry! The Fat is still set up with shimano. I did two hours on it today and three hours yesterday. It's been to Vermont, LI and the Catskills. I love it!

I agree this guy is a troll, but how many trolls are selling 8K bikes?!

How is your WTB coming along?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:55 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:16 pm
Posts: 9939
Location: ÜberUnderbidder
al415 wrote:
Hi Rob,
I'm well thanks. I just realized that was my first post. Sorry! The Fat is still set up with shimano. I did two hours on it today and three hours yesterday. It's been to Vermont, LI and the Catskills. I love it!

I agree this guy is a troll, but how many trolls are selling 8K bikes?!

How is your WTB coming along?


That's awesome...I had a feeling it was going to a great new home :D

True, not many trolls are running about with 8k bikes.

Going to email you when I get home tonight with all the details.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Sexy Goat
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:56 am 
Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:58 am
Posts: 7
Location: Ex-Patriots for England
Nothing deceptive. As I read the auction, the freelander is in the backround, actually some wheels, and is not part of it, so why the comments on this forum about the freelander in relationship to the value of the bike and sellers asking price. It is a " make offer " sale...seems honest enough. This type of action any buyer who makes an offer sets their value and the buyer has to decide whether to accept or not...also seems fair.

Credibility..the bike speaks for itself. The seller's Ebay feedback speaks for the seller. ...100% positive.

As to wanting to sell to Europeons....doesn't seem like that is correct. The auction is world wide. The bike paint job is LIVE SUSHI, I'd think Japanese collector before Europeon. Who knows maybe the seller is a celebrity and your getting a deal if they sign it !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:21 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:05 pm
Posts: 9245
J. J. Pusser wrote:

Response to Gov'nor,
I have never expressed any affinity with BNP. No more affinity than the other members have expressed affinity with their avatars.

Sir I tried to be a positive contributer to the forum. I noticed that you allowed lAvatars and Locations to be Fantasy.

On this forum thread one member uses is a maniacal homicidal murderer, as an avatar - does that mean that member is advocating murder, contract killing and mayhem. I don't think so. You allowed "fight club" as a location, does that mean that member is advocating illegal blood sports - I don't think so.
Why do you not interpret their Avatar / Locations as you are allowing Dr. S to interpret mine. Plain hypocritical or are you fellows just pals...

Nothing different than other members. If you judge BNP a fringe group, how is manaical murders, or blood sports not also fringe. I notice another member asking a good question I'll make an effort to contibute in a positive mannor. Some other members do see a value that might come from my knowledge of vintage bikes or equipment


Tried to contribute? You have been deceptive and abrasive from your very first post. Just because I have rattled your cage, taken exception to your foul political persuasion (on which you are now backpeddling desperately) and then later stated that the bike you are trying to sell is vastly over priced, you have taking to trying to discredit me. You have even taken the step of registering another account to make posts to back up your twisted logic and have another go at me. Could you be any more deceptive?
Other peoples avatars are just a bit of fun but yours was downright unacceptable to any morally sound person. How can support for the BNP be interpreted in any other way? do you rteally think your location tag was 'a bit of humor', what kind of sick puppie are you? where is the line drawn? Would 'Free kids for Paedophiles' be acceptable and humorous to you?

As for your reference to 'knowledge of vintage bikes or equipment', lets see some- contribute. So far you have displayed nothing, you appear to have very little knowledge of the bike you are selling or claimed to have owned from new. And tell me this- if it is such a super WOW bike why does it wear slicks and has been only ever riden on pavements? what was the point in owning such a fine machine?

I respect the fact you have 100% feedback as an eBay seller but this has no relevence in your actions here, you could be a good guy with some funny ideas on the value of your bike, maybe if you had not made the stupid mistake of your reference to that foul bunch of morons who are trying to destroy the social fabric of the country I (not you) live in, we might have got on, but with every post you alienate yourself further from the spirit of this forum.

So finally, personal differences aside, lets discuss how you came around to valuing your super WOW Goat? There have been a few sold lately of varying specs and condition- granted yours is an exceptional example, and, if it had the original fork refitted and some correct period tyres it could be the very best and the centrepiece of any serious collectors hurd- but the price?? Please enlighten us on how you came to such a figure? (we will forget your laughable statement about celebrity- unless you are Oswald Mosely or Adolf Hitler)

Vile Dr S


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: FORUM
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:31 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:15 am
Posts: 3348
Location: Up north
Can we just stick to talking about bikes :evil:

I followed this thread last night and was surprised, to say the least at all of the jibes and digs that followed and went on, and on....

I use this site regularly and im not interested in any ones political standing and certainly WONT have a pop at anyone elses standings in this.

That Goat is awesome and if i had 5000 i would snap it up..And if the seller gets his asking price, fair play!

Come on people lets not create huge dramas! lets KEEP IT TO BIKES :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], helix_torques and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group