Help getting something from Germany?

Ziggy

Senior Retro Guru
A pair of shocks have come up on German eBay (cheers Orange71 & Slim!), which my proflex needs in its life! Seems to say that he'll post to the UK, but doesn't take paypal & my German's pretty much non-existant...

Can anyone German / in Germany, help?

Cheers! :D

you can do direct bank transfer using the right numbers.

Will cost about £10-£25 for a transfer. OK for bigger stuff, but pricey for small.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
babelfish.altavista.com says:

Too ersteigern an absorber element for Proflex is bicycles. Absorber is in a good condition and can directly into a Girvin federgabel be built. Seals are in the perfect condition, none oil grease or other. Private sales: No warranty, no cancelling, no conversion.

which doesn't make a lot of sense but I think you get the picture

Ziggy":3o2cyl8p said:
Cheers guys... I've done bank transfers to Germany in the past (benefits of being into old German cars), but I do resent paying £20 for it!

Be ok if he turns out to speak English, but for now can anyone translate the eBay ads?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

Zu ersteigern ist ein Dämpferelement für Proflex Fahrräder.

For auction is a damper element for Proflex bicycles

Dämpfer ist in einem guten Zustand und kann direkt in eine Girvin Federgabel eingebaut werden.

damper is in good condition and can be used right away as is in a Girvin suspension fork

Dichtungen sind im perfektem Zustand, kein ölen fetten oder sonstiges.

seal are in perfect condition, no leaks or any other issues.

Privatverkauf: Keine Garantie, keine Rücknahme, kein Umtausch.

private sale, no warranty, no returns.

more or less the same text for the rear unit.

Carsten

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i send the money in euros recorded delivery and it only costs about 3 quid. i have done this 5 or 6 times with no problems.

steve e":8ivwnt7q said:
have you tried using www.babelfish.com to translate. its free and easy and gives a ruff translation. hope this helps.

I usually just use the google one... you're not wrong that the translations are ruff!

We have contact though - he speaks pretty good English & postage shouldn't be too much :)

Euros in an envelope sounds like the way forward too! Just got to make sure I don't overspend - the frame only cost me £25 ffs!

Back