Kestrel MXZ Carbon Spectra Monocoque full M900 on ebay

GoldenEraMTB

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kestrel-MXZ-Carbon- ... 1|294%3A50

one of the nicer ones I've seen in a while, and priced like it...still, cool to look at :)

even has the fd still on it...maybe this isn't a bad price...just don't see them in this condition and this complete very often.

any experts on here want to chime in???

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ive seen that somewhere before I think but cant recall where. I dont think it will get a bid with that opener despite the groupset. Last couple have struggled to sell, though neither were great shape. It would as ever be easier if split

Nice example. But I agree would have been better to have split up and sell.

really?

I would think a whole one would be easier to sell than a frame alone...at least with this frame/model.

I agree his starting bid is a bit much.

GoldenEraMTB":298ff785 said:
really?

I would think a whole one would be easier to sell than a frame alone...at least with this frame/model.

I generall always prefer a frame unless it's a period correct build. Also I findwith the latter there's less opportunity to put your own personal stamp on the bike unless you part out or store the surplus items you then replace. The more bits you want to replace the less attractive a bike may be unless you want to hoard / sell on the replaced bits. A lot of collectors have groupsets of their own available to hand as well.

Importing a Bike is more costly than a frame - particularly if you get hit with VAT (Tax) and Import duty...so a frame is more attractive.

In general there are fewer people out there with the larger pile of cash in their pocket to throw at a complete bike vs the smaller amount needed for a frame alone. With this option people can but the frame then collect the parts over time when funds allow.

Horses for courses, some will prefer the turn-key approach, but a frame alone, particularly one with a more limited market like this would sell more easily as a frame...particularly if it's being imported.

Anyway, who'd want M900 on an MXz - it's crying out for XT :D

All IMHO of course.

Crell":nd6zotv7 said:
GoldenEraMTB":nd6zotv7 said:
really?

I generall always prefer a frame unless it's a period correct build. Also I findwith the latter there's less opportunity to put your own personal stamp on the bike unless you part out or store the surplus items you then replace. The more bits you want to replace the less attractive a bike may be unless you want to hoard / sell on the replaced bits. A lot of collectors have groupsets of their own available to hand as well.

Importing a Bike is more costly than a frame - particularly if you get hit with VAT (Tax) and Import duty...so a frame is more attractive.

In general there are fewer people out there with the larger pile of cash in their pocket to throw at a complete bike vs the smaller amount needed for a frame alone. With this option people can but the frame then collect the parts over time when funds allow.

Horses for courses, some will prefer the turn-key approach, but a frame alone, particularly one with a more limited market like this would sell more easily as a frame...particularly if it's being imported.

Anyway, who'd want M900 on an MXz - it's crying out for XT :D

All IMHO of course.

understood and agreed for the most part.

But, with some frames, it's good to have some of the bits along with it cause they are near impossible to find alone.

Back