Grove Innovations TI...BIN $600

rody

BoTM Winner
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Why is it painted...Bill painted most of the Ti's as he preferred a nice paint finish to raw metal.

How can you tell it's actually a Ti...

little details help to determine this;

- the one piece three cable stops on the top tube
- single bend chainstays to Groves custom water jet cut dropouts that are smaller than the other models
- larger diameter seatpost binder weld on

My question is whether or not the fork is a Grove Assault...hard to tell without a better photo.

cheers,

rody

$600 I do consider a bargain, but actually 'weps' Ti Grove also was only $850 and it wasn't through BIN.

weps' one looked really nice btw. Seemed in pretty good shape to me and it had a lot nice bits. It had this paint:

Tiframes.jpg

Haven't seen weps for quite a long time overhere :cry:

You're right Mel,

Weps "stole" that bike. Being a local pick up only really kept the price down for that particular auction.

Plus Wep's bike came with a slew of high end vintage parts...much more desirable than the mix that is on this auction.

Still, $600 for a Ti frame is a deal...consider it costs around $1000 just for the materials to produce a Ti frame in a small shop now as the price of Ti has risen so dramatically in the last two years.

As for Weps, he went through some personal issues the last few months but I actually saw a post by him last week! So...he's still kicking around a bit :LOL:

cheers,

rody

Hmmm, I thought it did not reach the 500 reserve.

The guy killed himself by not offering the frame alone, had to take his mix of modern and "cheap" parts. IMO, the frame was the only item of value.

r

rody":2zbi8vxe said:
Hmmm, I thought it did not reach the 500 reserve.

The guy killed himself by not offering the frame alone, had to take his mix of modern and "cheap" parts. IMO, the frame was the only item of value.

r

my bad! :LOL:

Back